PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• PJ1
    PJ1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Knitwitch, thinking of you, hope you feel much better today.
    I still don't feel topnotch but hoping I'll improve through today. Does anyone else here have fibromyalgia and if so how do you cope with it?
    Anyway, yesterday's fast did not go to plan but wasn't as bad as it might have been.
    Really windy here today so might lose my hat when I take the dogs out. Hoping it stays dry.
    Housework, dog walk and physio exercises.
    Throughout the day, tea with skimmed, sugar free squash with sparkling water
    L. Ham salad sandwich and fruit
    D. Spag bol and runner beans, followed by yogurt and more fruit and coffee
    Love and good luck to everyone
    PJ x
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,639 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B: lo carb granola, berries, skim
    L: HM lentil soup
    D: roast chicken, jacket spuds, veg

I am going to have to fit the dog walk in later - it was far too wild/wet/stormy to venture out this morning. I can cope with rain but really high winds as well scare me as I can't see far enough ahead to avoid idiots with out of control dogs. Also the place I walk has lots of lovely mature trees which drop bits on you in this sort of weather. Some of the 'bits' are quite big and I didn't fancy concussion.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,771 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KnitWitch I'm sorry that you've been poorly. I hope that you start to feel better soon.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Knit Witch. Flu is horrible and the effects last longer than you can imagine. Take life slowly with a lot of resting for a while.

My posts have been disappearing into the ether lately but here goes.

Hopefully today I will be eating

Br: BE and CB

Lunch: Mac cheese and beans. 1 pear.

There is a SF jelly in the fridge for desperate moments.

Well done deka. Keep it up.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Will update in a few days - sorry to say got Flu, only out of bed for the bathroom until today when I managed to get up an hour ago :o
    Sending some gws vibes and lots of big, squishy hugs.

Had my spicy porridge for breakfast and a cheese and salad roll, followed by a conference pear for lunch. Now I'm in one of those 'I really don't know what I fancy or cba to make for dinner' moods. Oh well - may a packet of inspiration will arrive :rotfl:
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Phew, so theres a new wholesale butcher in my town (does all the Sunday markets in like 40 miles radius too) decided to take the plunge and spent £50 on a meat pack, pretty much have a months worth of steaks, chicken breasts, pork chops, even beef joint, steak burgers, sausages, bacon and eggs.

Its good as it means I can eat good food everday without turning to junk but what a blow to my wallet!

Thinking if I do it next month to either get 5kg of fresh chicken for £25, or another "pack" they do like steak and chicken pack which has 5kg of chicken, 10 mixed sauce chicken breats, £20 of steak,eggs, steak burgers,

I got the one I did today as it was a larger actual mix but worried I won't use it all.
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good evening all,
    I'm not sure how so much time has past since my last post🤔
    One of my cat has gone to Rainbow Bridge and I have felt like carp this last week, it could have been a lot worse if I did not have two other furry heatbeats that needed me (if only to be fed :rotfl:)

I completely forgot to weigh this week so will post again next Monday.

:hello::hello: to the new/returning ladies.
    Hugs to those feeling poorly, Knit, lots of FLUids.

TT, your posts make me feel lazy and very tired 😉
    Mally, it's no fun walking a dog if you have to worry about what might happen if you meet other dogs!

Thank goodness the weather has improved, makes walking the dog a lot nicer.

TTFN x
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am very tired, Carmen...I'm walking my depression rather than taking more drugs. It works much of the time.
    Today 20,000 steps.
    Doesn't do much for the hot flushes.
    Seems I'm carrying all the food for 3 people tomorrow. It will be slow then!

Great value dekaspace
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,771 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »

Hopefully today I will be eating

Br: BE and CB

I couldn't remember what that CB stood for. My head was telling me "cardboard" so I went back to check. My first thought on reading "crispbread" was that my initial guess wasn't far wrong :rotfl:
    Carmen wrote: »
    Good evening all,
    I'm not sure how so much time has past since my last post🤔
    One of my cat has gone to Rainbow Bridge and I have felt like carp this last week, it could have been a lot worse if I did not have two other furry heatbeats that needed me (if only to be fed :rotfl:)

Aww. hugs. They all have their own personalities (I have one greedy, daft one and one devious, clever one) and it's hard when they go.
    Seems I'm carrying all the food for 3 people tomorrow. It will be slow then!

At least you know they'll wait for you if the weight of your rucksack slows you down. I'm sorry to read that you're not feeling too bright. That feeling that you get when you think the rest of the world is turning fine and nobody is noticing that you feel miserable is horrible. My advice for that is usually to tell someone that you feel low, but you've told us so you at least have some well meaning support. Is your depression hormonal or are you still wanting to shake ds upside down until his brains fall back into his head instead of wherever else in his body they're currently vacationing?

I've not lost any weight this week yet according to a sneaky peek on the scales this morning but I have two days left until my official WI. I'm thinking mince with root mash and spring greens for my evening meal tonight as I've had rice with something the last couple of nights and rice doesn't seem to be my friend when it comes to weight loss.
  • PJ1
    PJ1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Carmen, so sorry to hear of your loss, it's so hard, I'm still getting back to normal after losing my GSD three weeks ago and one of the other dogs is missing him too. A friend lost one of her Cockers yesterday as well but I've yet to find out why.
    I'm still not feeling 100% but slowly improving, I've done my physio exercises this morning and the daily housework, just got the living room to deep clean now. Plus must get the dogs out today for a good long walk and some serious training. My middle dog is making her beating debut on Tuesday so need to polish up her responses!
    Yesterday went quite well food wise, not a fast day but I didn't go overboard which is what I tend to do when not fasting.
    Throughout day, lots of tea with skimmed, sugar free orange and mango squash with sparkling water then I had a ham salad sandwich for lunch with an orange and an apple, a mandarin while I was cooking dinner, then we had pasta Bolognese for dinner followed by coffee and a yogurt. There was about a third of the Bolognese left over so I'm going to add a ton of cooked veg to it and cover it with cheesy mash to make a cottage pie for tonight and two portions for the freezer and we'll have some more runner beans with it this evening. Looking forward to that. Thinking I might make my W.I. day Saturday so we can enjoy Sat evenings a little more, don't worry Knitwitch, I shall make it obvious when my official W.I. is, hope you are feeling better today too.
    Luv to all
    Pip-pip x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family