Forever Home Fund

Options

Comments

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Week off, plan to get organised - batch cooking (got 10lb of mince I'm picking up tomorrow so planning to make chilli, bolognaise, cottage pie, meatballs, burgers), making soup and freezing for lunches.

Got 20l of fruit cider brewing, hope it is nice when finished as it is a lot cheaper than shop bought. Recently made red wine which is maturing, got 25 bottles out of the kit. Frozen some damsons to make damson gin so need to find time to do that this week.

We got a load of logs delivered yesterday, didn't seem like there was that many there for the price (maybe I expected too much?)

Had to clear the wood shed out of all the unprocessed wood which we brought with us when we moved. Some of it is quite knotty and difficult to cut but we're hoping to have a chain sawing session later on in the week which will provide us with more logs to keep us going. Using the woodburner means the heating doesn't go on!

£10.90 refund from Royal M@il for eb@y item which went missing (plus they originally sent me 6 first class stamps) OPd to mortgage. £29 confirmed but not yet payable on TCB will go as an OP as well.

Hate seeing the daily interest at £37! Very impatient to get to January and remortgage (whilst concerned in case mortgage we want is pulled in the meantime!)

Changed energy suppliers recently as our switch is coming to an end, means another £10 a month but is fixed for two years.

Spent £128 at Aldi last week, didn't even know that was possible! Had a delivery from Morrisons the week before, opened a pork joint yesterday for pulled pork and it was off even though it was still in date. Morrisons have already refunded the cost of the joint and sent a £5 voucher as well, happy days!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    I'm due to remortgage over the next few weeks too, and have my eye on a particular deal....I'm counting the days away in the hope it doesn't get pulled so I feel your angst!!!
  • katep23
    Options
    I'm due to remortgage over the next few weeks too, and have my eye on a particular deal....I'm counting the days away in the hope it doesn't get pulled so I feel your angst!!!

Fingers crossed for you!
  • katep23
    Options
    Short term goals:
    1. Pay off debt for roof (by 23rd October, if not before)
    2. Save £10K emergency fund
    3. Save £7k to remortgage

We can add ERC to mortgage but would rather keep the total under £320K, however we need an EF so that is a priority.

Sold something on Gumtree - £6 towards debt for roof. By my estimation after money is shuffled we are £642 short so that's down to £636 already :D
  • katep23
    Options
    katep23 wrote: »
    Short term goals:
    1. Pay off debt for roof (by 23rd October, if not before)

By my estimation after money is shuffled we are £642 short so that's down to £636 already :D

Down to £341, got £10 to pay into bank so will be £331 :D
  • katep23
    Options
    December 2014
    Mortgage £346,545.00
    Mortgage free date 2044
    LTV 86.64%

3rd October 2017
    Mortgage £319,411.59

Total paid off capital in last month: £586.69
    Total paid off capital: £27,183.44

MOS: £0

LTV: 79.85%

Amount to Mortgage Neutral - £319,783.95 (WIOTW) (-£3,105.93)
  • katep23
    Options
    katep23 wrote: »
    Down to £341, got £10 to pay into bank so will be £331 :D

Down to £290.80, (still not paid £10 change into bank so technically £280.80). Will be gone by 23rd October when I get paid but so want to get this gone beforehand if possible.

Minimal reduction in capital on mortgage this month but good debt busting!
  • katep23
    Options
    Recently signed up for Shopmium using a referral code from another MSEr and so far got 4 cornettos (signing up bonus) and loaf of bread free plus a bottle of elderflower presse for £1.

If anyone is interested in signing up, my referral code is ce2r7 - current offer for signing up is a bar of Lindt chocolate for you and £4 for me.
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    where do you put the referral code in?
  • katep23
    Options
    After you download the app, you register your details and there's a field for adding a referral code.

Down to £259 to debt free!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure