How do I jump to my last read post in a thread?

Options
2»

Comments

• Di
    Di Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    still not resolved.

i would go back to the green version, if i knew how, i surely we shouldnt need to.
  • billy2shots
    Options
    Sorry to bump this but has this been resolved. It's a bit annoying going to the first post each time then skipping to the end then reading back to where you last got to.

Sorry if it's obvious but as a newb I can't figure it out.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi billy2shots

If you click on your settings page where you can see the latest updated threads you're subscribed to etc you should find this.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • A_Nice_Englishman
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi billy2shots

If you click on your settings page where you can see the latest updated threads you're subscribed to etc you should find this.

Andrea :)

In my list of subscribed threads I get a link to the latest post, not the first one I haven't read. There is no link to my first unread post when displaying a thread either.

All the other forums I use have these so I assume they were removed from MSE for a reason but it's quite irritating.
  • billy2shots
    Options
    In my list of subscribed threads I get a link to the latest post, not the first one I haven't read. There is no link to my first unread post when displaying a thread either.

All the other forums I use have these so I assume they were removed from MSE for a reason but it's quite irritating.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had missed something. Certainly makes navigating this site cumbersome.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi folks

Do you have your settings switched to receive email notifications when your subscribed threads have been posted on?

I know it's not exactly what you're asking but it may help make sure you don't miss out on discussions you're interested in.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • billy2shots
    billy2shots Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi folks

Do you have your settings switched to receive email notifications when your subscribed threads have been posted on?

I know it's not exactly what you're asking but it may help make sure you don't miss out on discussions you're interested in.

Now turned on. Thank you
  • CardinalWolsey
    Options
    Can we bump this again.

In agile use-case speak:

As a registered user, I would like to be able to jump to the first post that I have not read in a thread, whether or not I have previously subscribed to the thread or not, so that I can save time and frustration particularly on longer threads.

On other forums, and indeed on the older skin of MSE, this is usually possible, and is accessible via an embedded element in the thread title. It _might_ make sense, within MSE, to utilise the new post indicator alongside the thread title, but ultimately the design decision would come from your UX team.

Thank-you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport