PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Title Plan Boundary Error Land Registry

Options
2»

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looking at the lower border (the undetached side of the house) in the more detailed pic, I'm fairly sure I can just about see a bit of bleed from the red line to the upper side of the shaded bit - which would make it consistent with the less-detailed one.
  • Alan2020
    Alan2020 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reading your comments back it doesn’t appear the difference is completely obvious. The land in question is to the east side of my house. The small walkway at the rear is correct and should then follow in the same proportion down the side but with the line where it is. It is lending the walkway an extra 8ft

It would be most helpful if you put an actual picture, as I don't know where your east or west is on the uploaded picture.

The hatched area running between your house and the neighbours to the left of the house, up till 71 its full width including the hatched area. From 72 to 74, the hatched area belongs to your neighbour as per the red line on the detailed plan. Is this not what you are asking? So for pretty obvious reasons it will most probably belong to another neighbour or council if adopted, so yes I am sure the planning officer won't let you build on council land. Sorry if I am mistaken.
  • louise_lawler
    Options
    photos.app.goo.gl/NKAabn2PySzDuMrf8

I have added the mapsearch (green blocked out) this shows the fenced area and what is reported under our title. The front of our property (curved) is north facing.

The rear line differs between the mapsearch and my title deed. I have no intention of extending of the hatched area but within the area marked in green that we possess
  • markin
    markin Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    To the scale how wide is the walkway meant to be? are the any measurements on the deeds?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sorry can not set up a new thread , so if you could help . Our extension was built 25 years ago now approx 3mtrs. we have new neighbours move in recently and they say our footings are on their property and want us to remove our extension . Does anyone know what can be done .Any help welcome .
    P.S.sorry could not open my own thread
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 May 2019 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Mike1955 wrote: »
    sorry can not set up a new thread , so if you could help .
    No one will help you if you barge into other people's threads like this.

Go to this link and click the red button at the top right of the list of threads. It's marked 'New Thread.' This will start a thread for you.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am sorry but there us no sign of new thread Help
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 May 2019 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Mike; Don't worry, if you go to the top of the page there is a section on the right marked 'Forum Help' Click that to see how posting works.
    I have just worked out that you will be using the newer version of the forum, so colours and positions of things will be different from what I'm seeing on the old version.

On the new version, the thread starting button isn't blue, it's red.
    Sorry about that. Those of us who have been here a long time can use a different, cranky old forum skin we're used to.

If you are still having problems, try to contact one of the board guides, like Silvercar, who may be able to help.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mike1955 wrote: »
    I am sorry but there us no sign of new thread Help

On my screen it is a red square at the top left of the list of topics. Trying to answer 2 completely different questions in the same thread is confusing and leads to the wrong advice being given/taken.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • louise_lawler
    Options
    The walkway is physically 2ft 2”
    There are no measurements on the plans but is the same depth to side and rear so should appear in relation on the plan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure