2»

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2019 at 1:09PM
    Options
    which is best now stick or now box

any recommendations please

Stick is Wi-Fi only. But can pause for upto 30 minutes.

Boxes have Ethernet and Wi-Fi, Later (larger) FV (blue box graphics) and 4K (pink box graphics) boxes can also pause.
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so, is it better just to take out sky subscription???????
    to avoid any distress to my dear oh, who lacks patience , but loves cricket
    Nice to save.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now TV sports is about £33 a month. Look out for Now TV boxes with free passes, although not often seen with sports. The value of the passes is usually more than the cost of the box. If you haven't had it before, try their free trial. Usually, if you subscribe for a month, then go to cancel, they'll offer you a deal to extend.
    I've had Now TV for years, and vary as to which packages I'm paying for. Currently just sports on a 9 month pass that cost £180. Had entertainment, just for GoT, but now cancelled as I have most channels on Virgin (just not Sky Atlantic). I've had no issue with streaming live sport, but I do have an excellent BB speed. I got it for the F1 and can watch the race no problem. The quality for me is better than standard def on my TV ,but not as good as HD. Much cheaper than the usual price for proper Sky TV, and is normally a rolling monthly deal so easy to stop when not needed.
    Never had a sky dish/box but that may be cheaper if you can't get a good deal.
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now TV sports is about £33 a month. Look out for Now TV boxes with free passes, although not often seen with sports. The value of the passes is usually more than the cost of the box. If you haven't had it before, try their free trial. Usually, if you subscribe for a month, then go to cancel, they'll offer you a deal to extend.
    I've had Now TV for years, and vary as to which packages I'm paying for. Currently just sports on a 9 month pass that cost £180. Had entertainment, just for GoT, but now cancelled as I have most channels on Virgin (just not Sky Atlantic). I've had no issue with streaming live sport, but I do have an excellent BB speed. I got it for the F1 and can watch the race no problem. The quality for me is better than standard def on my TV ,but not as good as HD. Much cheaper than the usual price for proper Sky TV, and is normally a rolling monthly deal so easy to stop when not needed.
    Never had a sky dish/box but that may be cheaper if you can't get a good deal.

hi, do you view thru the app or do you have a box/stick
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family