Forum Home» Phones & TV

Subscribing to Sky for a couple of months

New Post Advanced Search

Subscribing to Sky for a couple of months

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
14 replies 1.6K views
darklight2darklight2 Forumite
16 posts
First Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to take out Sky for just a couple of months during the summer. We're former subscribers but haven't had it for a few years. We still have an old Sky plus box and can buy a used Sky HD box if needed. We don't want to take a 12 month contract.

Thanks

Sam
«1

Replies

  • worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now TV could be your answer.
  • darklight2darklight2 Forumite
    16 posts
    First Anniversary
    Now TV could be your answer.

    Thanks for the reply. I've looked at Now TV and don't really fancy it. I'm looking to get it for live sport and there's usually a big lag with streaming.
  • BoGoFBoGoF Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can. Sky themselves advocate Now tv for those wanting short term access.
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darklight2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I've looked at Now TV and don't really fancy it. I'm looking to get it for live sport and there's usually a big lag with streaming.
    That kind of depends on what your broadband is like. I've never had any problems with Now TV. It is the only way you'll get Sky Sports for a couple of months.
  • darklight2darklight2 Forumite
    16 posts
    First Anniversary
    neilmcl wrote: »
    That kind of depends on what your broadband is like. I've never had any problems with Now TV. It is the only way you'll get Sky Sports for a couple of months.

    Thanks for the reply. The quality is good on Now TV but if you compare it to live events it's at least 1 minute behind what's actually happening. The lag is much less on satellite tv.
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darklight2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. The quality is good on Now TV but if you compare it to live events it's at least 1 minute behind what's actually happening. The lag is much less on satellite tv.
    Does that matter?
  • Terry98Terry98 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Does that matter?

    No,if you are watching it alone.

    But there is nothing more annoying than watching a football match and the goalkeeper is just about to take a goal kick when somebody with a mobile phone tells you the team you hate most has just scored:mad:
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terry98 wrote: »
    No,if you are watching it alone.

    But there is nothing more annoying than watching a football match and the goalkeeper is just about to take a goal kick when somebody with a mobile phone tells you the team you hate most has just scored:mad:
    I've just checked and it's only around 30 secs, not real big deal and certainly not a reason not to get Now TV if that's your only option for short-term Sky.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darklight2 wrote: »
    Hi there,

    I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to take out Sky for just a couple of months during the summer. We're former subscribers but haven't had it for a few years. We still have an old Sky plus box and can buy a used Sky HD box if needed. We don't want to take a 12 month contract.

    Thanks

    Sam

    In essence no unless your willing to pay the hefty fees to cancel the contract after a few months.

    Now TV is your answer.
  • rabialionesrabialiones Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    which is best now stick or now box

    any recommendations please
    Nice to save.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support