Noddle Credit Score

Options

Comments

• a4a
    a4a Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    I really wouldn't know, all I know is what I've read on Callcredits website but they seem quite proud of what it can do and how powerful it is, so I would be surprised if it wasn't used for a lot more than that.

They say; "Credit reference agency Callcredit and DecisionMetrics, the UK's leading provider of analytics and decision management technology, today announce the launch of Gauge, a powerful next-generation suite of credit risk scores".
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    a4a wrote: »
    I really wouldn't know, all I know is what I've read on Callcredits website but they seem quite proud of what it can do and how powerful it is, so I would be surprised if it wasn't used for a lot more than that.

They say; "Credit reference agency Callcredit and DecisionMetrics, the UK's leading provider of analytics and decision management technology, today announce the launch of Gauge, a powerful next-generation suite of credit risk scores".

Of course they would big themselves up. That's obvious. And can you stop spamming the board. That's the third time you have posted that final paragraph and I'm starting to think you are an employee or representative of CallCredit.
  • The_Boss
    Options
    Having also googled it, this report is 6 years old and there's nothing saying they use the Noddle credit score.
  • a4a
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Of course they would big themselves up. That's obvious. And can you stop spamming the board. That's the third time you have posted that final paragraph and I'm starting to think you are an employee or representative of CallCredit.

Why are you so aggressive in your posts?

I have shown the callcredit thing on here as I think its important that people understand that credit scores do mean something. I am certainly not from callcredit and dislike CRA's with a passion and have posted on other threads how I think people on this site should start campaigning against CRA's outdated methods. Why would I do that if I was one of them?

I'm sorry if your belief that scores are meaningless now doesn't seem correct but if thats the way it, thats the way it is.
  • a4a
    Options
    Having also googled it, this report is 6 years old and there's nothing saying they use the Noddle credit score.

That means they've been selling their guage system to businesses for the past 6 years.
  • The_Boss
    Options
    a4a wrote: »
    That means they've been selling their guage system to businesses for the past 6 years.

...which is *NOT* the same as a Noddle 'credit score'.
  • a4a
    Options
    ...which is *NOT* the same as a Noddle 'credit score'.

I'm not here to start arguments, this is silly. This is supposed to be a discussion board for people to share views and news and I'm just reporting that Callcredit who own Noddle, offer a service to their customers, ie lenders whereby they can obtain a credit score as defined by them, so that they can get a quick and easy view of their file as determined by callcredit.
  • a4a
    Options
    I've just checked Experian and it seems unfortunately they do provide these scores to lenders:

"Experian monitors the customer file for significant events. If one is detected, the customer is re-scored using the Delphi for Customer Management scorecards. A file is then passed back from Experian containing the events and the new scores on either a weekly or monthly basis".

"The Delphi for New Business scoring models are designed to predict the likelihood that a new applicant for credit will become a good payer if accepted. They are used by over 150 leading UK financial institutions generating in excess of 70 million scores each year".

There is loads more information on their site about their scores (if you look under their business section) and from what i've read, it appears unfortunately that CRA's are even more powerful than I feared. This is scary reading.
  • a4a
    Options
    The other way their scores are used, is lenders can ask CRA's (or look themselves) for a list of people with a score range of say 200-300 or 400-500 etc so that they can offer them certain products, which is why lenders who you have never used before suddenly write to you and tell you you have been pre-approved for £x's credit.

So credit scores are far from meaningless i'm afraid.
  • JKSandy
    JKSandy Posts: 711 Forumite
    Options
    ^^ Which companies send out letters to people to say they have been pre-approved? Apart from lenders contacting their existing customers.

The Credit score provided by CRA's is genius, it is a clever marketing tool. Show someone a number, let it go up and down, they get fixated and this equals a returning paying customer.
    All that glitters is not gold.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport