IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Car parking charge notice PCN huddersfield HD21YR

Options
paul55555
paul55555 Posts: 54 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 9 July 2017 at 11:06AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Car parking charge notice PCN huddersfield

Hello I need some advice I have received these charges through the post. I need some advice here is the situation surrounding the charges.

In between shifts due to my house being some distance from huddersfield would go to the local B&Q and other shops car park and do a bit of shopping and have a little sleep. As the car park says you can stay 3 hours post code is HD21YR if your interested.over stayed about 30 mins

The way they get you is they have camera's going in and out and it times you over 3 hours and they get you the camera's are located on the road going in and out of the retail outlet. The charge is £60 or after 28 days £100 got two of these so far. A work colleague said dont pay them they are not the council or police the company seems to be called civil enforcement. I could appeal but I get the feeling it be on death ears popla. They have sent me two letters with two photographs of me going in and out.

They don't have any photos of my car parked in the car park just me going in and out. This is just wrong for staying in a almost empty car park.

Any advice should I pay it ?

Leeds road retail park, leeds road huddersfield hd21yr company called civil enforcement. The photographic evidence they have is me driving in and out at set times on a road going in to the car park.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the relevant first appel template you will find there. I can't tell you which one as you haven't told us the name of the parking company.

You should remove information about who did what and why from your post. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, and don't tell your story.
    The driver parked, the keeper got a PCN for xxxxxx alleged contravention.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2017 at 11:31AM
    Options
    as its CEL , use the blue text BPA member template

and just so you know , as its private land you have NO LEGAL RIGHT to park there, its for patrons only normally, BUT if you do the things you said (like a lot of people do) you should read and follow the rules of the site

I am sure that the ETIHAD stadium car park is free on non-match days , but I dont have the right to rock up and while away the hours of my time there, because its not my land - not trying to put you down , just making it crystal clear that in law you have no right to do those actions , so you do it at your own risk , wherever you park when its private land

your work colleague is a fool , do not listen to his very poor legal advice , he or she is unlikely to pay your court judgment nor help you prepare the court case , they will abesnt themselves from the proceedings and become hard to contact when it goes pear shaped !! mark my words

the ANPR cameras are clocking ALL VEHICLES arriving and departing the site , then the computers check the length of stay and issue pcn,s to all overstayers , this is common on hundreds of private car parks across the country - so be warned

and just so you are clear on this , those cameras are not clocking you , they are clocking the vehicle , in actual fact they "see" the VRM on the front and back of said vehicle so the PPC have no idea who was driving , they only have pictures of the vehicle , so edit all your posts and keep it that way , because the driver is unknown to them unless some fool blabs on a public forum or to them in their appeal

just so you know, the correct words are

THE DRIVER

THE KEEPER

never write anything else , no "ME , MYSELF and I" at all

you should send them the blue text template from the NEWBIES sticky thread , as an appeal from THE KEEPER
  • paul55555
    Options
    my point is the cameras appear to be located on a public road going into the site
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    paul55555 wrote: »
    my point is the cameras appear to be located on a public road going into the site

So what? If they actually record you on the private land at both entry and exit times, the camera could be on a drone, in outer space or anywhere. Is there any other way in or out that is not covered by a camera that you could have used as entry and exit thereby missing the ANPR ;) recording your "double dip".

Redx is spot on with his advice and analysis. And it applies to any private land. Yes, it is totally unreasonable to try to charge you £60 for using an empty bit of land when no one was inconvenienced but equally landowners do have some rights too.

You will get help here based on the first part of the previous sentence, but do read up t&c on all private car parks for your future avoidance of these rogues.
  • paul55555
    Options
    so what advice would you give?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2017 at 4:12PM
    Options

already given in my previous post and he told you my advice was "spot on"

if the council have given planning permission for the cameras to be there, you can do nothing about it

even if they havent , it wont affect this case , especially as they are monitoring private land

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the BPA template in blue as already advised.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 July 2017 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Same as Redx says, same as we said yesterday to this poster:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5676477

Same as we always say! You need to appeal as keeper and kill this off, as CEL issue court claims, so can't just be ignored We beat those too, but appeals are easier and less stressful for you.

Do the appeal by email, NOW, as per the NEWBIES thread. Can't get much easier than copying some words already written for you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • paul55555
    Options
    where do I find the bpa template then dont know what to do sorry I am new to all this will doing an appeal do any thing?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    See post #2.

The newbies FAQ thread is near the top of the forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts