Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ch87
    • By ch87 8th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ch87
    Civil Enforcement Ltd - Advice please...
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:43 AM
    Civil Enforcement Ltd - Advice please... 8th Jul 17 at 11:43 AM
    Hello,

I have just come across two letters from Civil Enforcement Ltd sent to my husband. He likes to ignore threatening letters, whereas I am a complete worrier when it comes to things like this...

He did not tell me about these letters, so I did nothing about them - no appeals submitted etc. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do now? Terrified we will have court proceedings issued against us as we are looking to buy a house in the very near future.

Many thanks in advance...
    Last edited by ch87; 08-07-2017 at 3:54 PM. Reason: Update details
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jul 17, 12:40 PM
    • 32,396 Posts
    • 16,488 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:40 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:40 PM
    Court proceedings won't affect you buying a house unless he loses in court and fails to pay off the ccj within 30 days.

Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Read it now to learn about the game he is now caught up in

Having ignored the pcn he is now in the debt collector stage - all explained in the FAQ

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving. The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

(Can't the driver's employer sort this??)
    Last edited by Quentin; 08-07-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    • ch87
    • By ch87 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ch87
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    Quentin, thank you so much - I've just found the newbies thread and it has put my mind at ease. Your advice was much appreciated.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    • 48,883 Posts
    • 62,383 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    I would send the NEWBIES thread BPA appeal (blue writing) in the keeper's name to CEL by email right now, even late. Send it anyway, late or not, but only in the name of the recipient of the letters, and NOT by post.

And complain to the retail park/retailers to get it cancelled, if it is a retail site. If it's a Hospital site, complain loudly to PALS and the NHS Trust or the Facilities/Clinic Manager.

Better to get it cancelled now than to have to defend a court claim in a couple of months. They are defendable and we don't expect any posters here to lose any, and with CEL we don't even expect them to go to hearings, based on previous conduct.

They rely on threats and people like you giving in and paying - please don't. But fight it now. Tell your OH that CEL sue people but we beat them and an appeal is best, to kill it off.

Ignoring these fake PCNs (except in Scotland and NI) has not been the clued-up advice for 4 years!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jul 17, 4:26 PM
    • 15,158 Posts
    • 19,101 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:26 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 4:26 PM
    he should send the BPA template for any CEL pcn (as KEEPER), regardless

he should also get them cancellend by the landholder or agent or employer or whoever can do so

in future, he should stop ignoring them and go through the motions , promptly

if it goes to court and he loses , pay up , in full , promptly

remember , these are only parking tickets, nothing more , so you may be anxious , but the word "terrified" is over the top

if I were terrified, I would be dangling helplessly from a thin harness that is faulty on a zip wire or on the big dipper right at the top or the largest drop

if I received a parking charge in the post , I might be a tad anxious , but nothing more

lighten up, these are only parking charges , its not like the police have arrested him under operation YEW TREE
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,072Users online

Martin's Twitter