Options
2»

Comments

• lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 August 2018 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Just to stop some of the scaremongering you are trying.
    I checked back on some of the prices that I was given for pcb and compressor cost for my unit here.
    The pcb was 108 euros and the compressor 928 euros + vat. So nowhere near your hundreds and thousands. Normal operating flow temps for rads is 55c.

If you can read Italian then this may help you understand heat pumps better, or use a translator.

https://www.geotherm.it/blog/pompe-calore-verona-provincia/

As regards to them only being suitable for new houses then we have a number of installs in old buildings with little insulation and operating on original radiator systems, which the customers are very happy with. Most have saved thousands on the lpg costs they had from before.

Yes, they are more expensive, but only rely on electricity, but if your calor deliverer cannot get to you in adverse weather conditions?

We opted out of lpg because of the cost, plus did not want a gas bomb in the garden with all its warning signs and siting restrictions etc.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • Smiley_Dan
    Smiley_Dan Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    I currently have an oil boiler, and the answer for me is no, I would not fit an oil boiler, assuming the house is refurbished to a high performance standard. This gives you a low maintenance, healthy and comfortable house. I am in the midst of this now, and the day I get rid of the oil tank is a day I look forward to. I will probably replace with an ASHP.

However, that's the best solution; it's not the cheapest and so I can hardly blame others for picking the short term value option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure