2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    £20 spent at Amazon on a birthday present - I have got £75 in Amazon vouchers now, from Swagbucks and Job Spotter, so I will transfer £20 from my gift fund into my brothers fund as i had already budgeted £20 for this gift from the gift fund and the vouchers aren't counted as earned until I spend them. Hope that all makes sense :rotfl::rotfl:
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,301 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    £20 spent at Amazon on a birthday present - I have got £75 in Amazon vouchers now, from Swagbucks and Job Spotter, so I will transfer £20 from my gift fund into my brothers fund as i had already budgeted £20 for this gift from the gift fund and the vouchers aren't counted as earned until I spend them. Hope that all makes sense :rotfl::rotfl:

Clear as mud~~really:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Beanielou you're right - I just read it back and it makes no sense :rotfl::rotfl:

So ...
    (1) I earned Amazon vouchers from Swagbucks and Job Spotter (£75 at the moment).These aren't counted towards my brothers fund as they aren't cash.
    (2) I put away £20 per month into my gift fund for birthdays and Christmas
    (3) I needed to spend £20 on a gift so bought it from Amazon using vouchers
    (4) I will transfer the £20 I would have spent from the gift fund straight into my brothers fund, in effect turning the vouchers into cash

Probably still not any clearer but it makes sense to me :D:D
  • beanielou
    Options
    It was actually clear~~sorry.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• benbenandme
    edited 4 March 2018 at 10:35AM
    Options
    Morning all, the snow has all disappeared here now so normal service can resume. I have plans for a chilling out Sunday today - I've almost reached todays Swagbucks goal already, just 14sb's more to go. Other than that I plan to:

Top up the windscreen wash in the car
    Buy petrol
    Buy top-up shop bits for a couple of days
    Do the ironing
    Watch the football
    Help ds with some revision
    Walk the dog
    Charge my fitbit
    Sort home insurance renewal
    Clear paperwork pile
    Check banking
    Swap kitchen cupboard around
    Sort new SIM in phone
    File paperwork
    Parcel up ebay parcel

They are all minor jobs that will not take too long, overall it will be a lazy day :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Home insurance is sorted - last year was £189, this year I have got it for £133 with £40 hopefully to come back from Quidco too :money:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good deal on house insurance :)

• benbenandme
    Options
    £10 Amazon voucher redeemed from Swagbucks and I'm not too far away from my next £5 :j :j

It's that time in the month when I plug my referral for Swagbucks - if anyone here hasn't yet joined and is interested in doing so please use my referral code;

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bbandme

I regularly earn about £20 a month from there, sometimes more with a bit more effort, but generally about £5 a week :money:
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Another £5 Amazon voucher claimed from Swagbucks :beer:

Tesco shopping has just pulled up outside so hopefully there will be something nice in there for dinner that I've forgotten I've ordered :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So a rather early morning this morning, I couldn't sleep due to stuff going on at work again :(

So far this morning I have stripped my bed and remade it, brought all the washing / cups / shoes etc down from upstairs and put them in the appropriate place downstairs. I have tidied the lounge and kitchen, opened a few windows to get some fresh air in and now am catching up on here for ten minutes.

I need to take ds to the station in an hour or so to get the train to his Dads, then I need to pop round to drop off a birthday present. Other than that I'm not too sure what today's plans involve; I did think I'd go for a walk and do some job spotting but at the moment it's hammering down with rain so I may re-think that.

Tomorrow is Mothers Day so I need to sort out something for Mum. I'll be watching my footie, we've got Spurs tomorrow so I don't expect us to get anything from that game but we'll see :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family