PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th October 2018

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

Big hugs ATB. Fingers crossed all is well. X

Busy tiling downstairs wet room and utility again today, so not much flying will take place. Oh and I have my friend's children after school...joy...
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    today will be a very medical day...dermatology for mole check this morning. Flu jab after work.
    2 loads on line (for it is forecast dry woot!) and a third in; DW run
    essential job today is gathering the garbage for 'tis bin day tomorrow.
    have lovely days all. ATB - positive thoughts winging your way.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

dentist appointment for half an hour, been told to eat before I go, which I have, as I will be unlikey to be able to eat for at least 3 to 4 hours....................

Daily stuff done
    Meter reading done for gas and elec and submitted online

Now going to do some research into house ins as it seems that is due in a few weeks time, want to make sure I get the best deal.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good medical vibes for all. I've got my flu jab, at uni, this am then dentist tomorrow.
    Braved wallpaper shop on Monday as we plan a re-vamp ofhall, stairs and landing. Got quote from decorating man yesterday; he has only 1 week available before Christmas and thinks the papering alone may take that long, so looks as if we will be doing paintwork and stripping in the next few weeks. . . My busiest time at uni, so Mr N will be lumbered with much of it. Now need to choose paint, carpet and possibly banister. I'm hopeless - unartistic, no taste or style and partly colour blind to boot. Plus I'm inclined to say "decorate? We did that when we moved here 30 yrs ago."
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got the all clear from dermatology (which was expected tbh) . Went out sans make up :eek: was SO quick that I didn't even incur any parking charges. Home via B&M for more cup drinks for the Bonfire disco (I bought all their stock last night then have just bought their delivery - 4 boxes altogether, so not a lot)

Posivibes for everyone else undergoing procedures/investigations.

3 loads of washing on line, ironing up do date, bin bag dance danced. :coffee: then getting ready and going to the paid stuff.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you got the all clear Valli. Morning everyone.
    I'm between shifts now so will start on the list in a moment. Will probably be the earliest I've ever planned a Xmas food shopping list.
    So far to day, apart from work, I have walked the dogs, washed the breakfast dishes, done WI paperwork and checked all our banking.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Not sure how it got to being this time, though. Lots of posivibes for everyone in need.

I really need to do the kitchen level 1 and the extras, so instead I have changed the bedding, put one load through the wm, and hung that indoors. I've dashed through the market for fruit and fish, and done a small shop, as we need to start living off the freezer. It will be green beans all the way to Christmas at this rate. We have to go to a school meeting later this afternoon, so it may be that I can nip into the cs to offload a bag while DH sits in the getaway car.

So I need to:
    -load a bag for the cs,
    -sort out the kitchen lightbulbs which are taking it in turn to fail,
    -clean the bedroom after covering the floor with hair from the dreaded hairwash
    -find the instructions for getting the ensuite shower head off. It is more scale than holes. Failing that I will try to wedge it in lemon juice (?) somehow.
    I'll be back later...
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,924 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, so I had a very long walk with the dogs, wrote a list of what not to buy at Xmas and tidied the fridge.

Back to work now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Spent today dealing with another area at work where the prevailing attitude was Buy More and Just Cram It All In Somehow. And if you can't find something, just buy another 3 more expensive ones and lose those, too. Whilst complaining that the area is unusable because it's too small, so leaving it and the thousands of pounds worth of equipment to lay gathering dust for five years.

Still going to take all of tomorrow and probably Friday to get it finished and the equipment working, but, considering the thousands spent at the time the area was created and kitted out, it appears that nobody actually thought to apply a tiny bit of logic, forethought or planning to the layout.

It will be sparkling clean. I don't have burning in my hands now when scrambling under and behind the workstations, as I quite possibly knackered the cleaners' vacuum with the accumulated detritus of about 10 years of no cleaning, buying more and more stuff and just lumping it in on top of everything else, the windows are actually see through to the extent that my boss could actually see me in there [Note to Self: Draw the Curtains if I Need Some Alone Time] and I might actually stop sneezing by a week next Tuesday.

I have also started carefully labelling both plugs and the other ends of the leads that form a hydra's nest of connections. This will take some time, as there are roughly 300 of the beggars. At present, I can promise that it will become a usable space, but I haven't the foggiest if anything actually works, because I've not got anywhere near switching the blasted things on.

But it meant almost an entire day not having to speak to anybody else, which was quite peaceful. And once it's done, I will have gained a great workspace and a bazillion Brownie Points, although I will then have to learn to use the equipment pretty sharpish, as I'm needed to do it over half term.

Heaven help any person who leaves something out or makes a mess in there once I've finished it.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Just got home. Pickle having some down time before bed, then I need to crack on with my list I posted earlier.

Fayolle: it might be too late, but a freezer bag filled with lemon juice cable tied to the shower head... would that work?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport