PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th October 2018

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs to all, especially ATB,

Valli, my kitchen too, DW went on Sunday night but hasn't been emptied and now there are all the dirties sitting on the side.

Nothing is going to get done until this evening as have a student this morning followed by planning and preparation, Halloween so nice and easy, just need to find a nice story to read them. Might see if my colleague can draw me a cat so I can do Winnie the Witch otherwise Meg and Mog again!

OH up at 4am to go away so I am tired, it's going to be a long day. Already started with cake for breakfast!

Off we go, think positive in 9 hours I'll be home.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Forgot to say - congratulations on the passport issue, Mademoiselle.

(((Hugs))) Valli and ATB. Sending you both lots of *posi vibes*.

Welcome Frankerooney. :wave: £20 a week sounds like a true bargain - they're luck to have you at that price.

Welcome CouldSaveMore (couldn't we all - good name). I have to blitz at the weekened occasionally - it's changeover day for lodgers - and I have to say it means Sunday is not a day of rest, and it's jolly hard work. The rest of the week 15 minutes per day makes a HUGE difference. Just doing Level 1 is a great place to start; don't worry about the rest until you feel you've got some semblence of control over the place and 15 minutes a day would achieve that much more quickly than you'd think.

I have a list of tadpoles that needs dealing with, and J arrives around 11.00 am with toddler son in tow to help me deal with the rest of the house. I'm not sure I'm that good at looking after toddler son. And Kelpie gets very jealous when I'm doing so.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bathroom etc blitzed, floors mopped, including the kitchen in the hope that I might steal a win on a day later in the week. LR shuffled and vacuumed. I have pulled something for dinner from the freezer. It looks suspiciously like left over turkey. From Christmas.

My MAD was in the garden, finally getting the bulbs planted. As I was under shrubs and got dripped on (it has been misty and murky here all morning), my hair has joined in the mad look. I was followed round by a robin, and watched by a wren. I am now resigning myself to paperwork until I have to go to a volunteering meeting later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: Not microwave but slow cooker :eek::eek::eek:
    I've been using the microwave to do Xmas puds for years - I have a book "Vegetarian Cooking in the Microwave" and the recipe is in there.

I was hoping not to have to bother this year, but Mr Wolf still wants his Xmas pud (we have it on Yule of course, but you get the idea....)
    Anyways, past years I've made four of the things, to last us through winter, as I feel it doesn't need to be confined to just those few days; I've negotiated down to just making two this year.
    Daft question..
    Do I need to do all the levels??
    Good grief, no! Just do what you can sensibly manage. The lists are for inspiration, they're not Orders From On High. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a banging headache, so lazy dinner tonight of fish and chips, I just cannot be bother to cook or clean up tonight.

I have for the last 20 years or so microwaved Christmas pud, 5 mins, and it is fine IMO, add ice cream or custard. yum yum

Basic flying done this morning

Early night I think
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • Couldsavemore
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well I got up early and started cleaning before getting small person up and heading to work. I was feeling...*smug* at the thought of acing this cleaning routine thing... because... yes... I had been fly!

Well got home to find we've got a power cut so headed to favorite pub for food and light...

Have done emergency tropical fish power cut plan! Fingers crossed they aint floating in the morning.

We're currently 5 hours of no electricity.. so far not seen any zombies! Hope they don't turn up as the men from the electricity board need to dig up the cable. No power expected till the wee hours!

Next doors teenager is struggling to cope and is sat in his car charging his phone!

Have sent one of my camping stoves next door so they can make a brew!!
    God forbid he can't have a coffee!

Well I may as well go to bed.

Hope you all have had a lovely evening!
    # 36 1p challenge 2024 - £462.46

#13 POYD by Christmas 24  £2400 
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No Flying done today and kitchen is still a mess, but did make a phone call straight away rather than leaving it and worrying about it.
    Exhausted so taking my cup of tea and going to bed

See you all tomorrow
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well I got up early and started cleaning before getting small person up and heading to work. I was feeling...*smug* at the thought of acing this cleaning routine thing... because... yes... I had been fly!

Well got home to find we've got a power cut so headed to favorite pub for food and light...

Have done emergency tropical fish power cut plan! Fingers crossed they aint floating in the morning.

We're currently 5 hours of no electricity.. so far not seen any zombies! Hope they don't turn up as the men from the electricity board need to dig up the cable. No power expected till the wee hours!

Next doors teenager is struggling to cope and is sat in his car charging his phone!

Have sent one of my camping stoves next door so they can make a brew!!
    God forbid he can't have a coffee!

Well I may as well go to bed.

Hope you all have had a lovely evening!

How many houses are affected? local midwifery department cancelling leave for next July...
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Morning all. Travelling home today, I won't be home until it's nearly Pickle's bedtime, but that doesn't mean I can do nothing when I get there. Here's my list, will see how I do.

Unpack car
    All washing done
    All wet washing hung up
    All dry washing left on airers while away put away
    Rest of unpacking
    Nursery & work bags sorted for tomorrow.
    Meal plan in for the rest of the week.
    Shopping list writing.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning All,

I made my boss aware of the situation yesterday so that if the scan date should land at really short notice I can take the time off immediately, which of course she was fine about.

Working today, off tomorrow, then back in on Friday. As usual we are all dressed, fed and watered and I will be going to work shortly. DW on and kitchen tidy.

Big hugs to all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport