IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

4year old pcn at JLA and MCOL?

Options
Fixtrace6
Fixtrace6 Posts: 54 Forumite
edited 20 October 2018 at 4:36PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I have received a letter from Vehicle Control Services telling me that "Your account has been passed to our legal team". That legal team is BW Legal.
I received a pcn in early 2012 at Liverpool Airport. The advice has always been ignore because it happened before October 2012 when new rules came into play.
I mentioned this on another thread and was advised to start my own thread.
Originally I was posting in solidarity with someone who is still being hassled after 5 years but someone mentioned they may try MCOL. I looked it up but am not sure what it means.
I was not driving the car at the time and I know I do not have to give up that information but this MCOL has got my curiosity.
Has anyone else been recently contacted about a really old pcn? Is it more scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes they have , plenty of threads on here and pepipoo forums about old Excel and VCS pcn,s and BW LEGAL letters

yes they are scraping the bottom of the barrel

there are even responses penned by member GAN over on pepipoo you can send back, unless you continue to IGNORE

its an MCOL you need to deal with , not debt collector letters
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if VCS/BW want to bring a case that happened at JLA to court , the court would need moving to wembley stadium , due to crowds

may I have the popcorn concession please
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Have they actually sent in a genuine claim? Are they claiming that you were the driver? If so, read Eliot v Loake. Spike their guns, get it in before they do.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5253885
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fixtrace6
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    No-one has suggested the RK was driving, it's just seems to be the assumption on their part. I wrote a letter to Newlands and VCS ages ago saying I was not the driver and that the person that VCS needed to contact was the driver. They do not know who was driving. As far as I am concerned I am not legally obliged to tell anyone as it happened before October 2012.
    But I am curious about what MCOL is.
    My intention is to continue to ignore everything bar LBA/LBC or official papers. Then I am prepared to fight.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Google mcol is the easiest way to find out all about it!
  • Redx
    Options
    post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread explains acronyms , please read it

and google has a full explanation on the government website too

or use the forum search box , keyword MCOL

VCS and Excel will work on the basis that the KEEPER AND DRIVER are presumed to be one and the same , hence the Elliott vs Loake Reference
  • Fixtrace6
    Options
    Have looked up MCOL but it is all aimed at claimants so don't immediately see what you are saying. I need to look at this more closely I think.
    I was assuming that because this was pre October 2012 everything could be ignored but am now getting mixed messages.
  • Redx
    edited 1 August 2016 at 8:55PM
    Options
    the claimant has 6 years to make a court claim in the small claims court, this has been the case since 1973 , especially where an INVOICE like yours is concerned

if they do so they have to prove their case to a judge, if it goes that far

POFA2012 brought in keeper liability 4 years ago , in oct 2012 , if they adhere to POFA2012 ( vcs and excel dont)

the NEWBIES sticky thread explains this, and the court section explains the court procedures, especially the bargepole link, plus parking pranksters court guide also explains court too

if you look at the dozens of ongoing 2016 court cases on here and on pepipoo , you will see what has been advised and where people are up to

as the PPC do not know the drivers details, keep it that way , same with BW LEGAL or anyone else

everything EXCEPT an LBC or an MCOL can be ignored, but those 2 need responding to

the LBC should be responded to as per the lazydaisy thread in the CRABMAN sticky thread, plus any recent LBC response letters like the ones posted by GAN (like on pepipoo where he posts)

any court claim (Northampton) needs dealing with as per the bargepole link (newbies sticky thread , post #1) and parking pranksters court guide

there are no "mixed messages"

any LBC or MCOL should always be responded to, irrespective of their date or the time lag involved

the thread you posted in http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5502047 had similar advice for that OP too
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Fixtrace6 wrote: »
    Originally I was posting in solidarity with someone who is still being hassled after 5 years but someone mentioned they may try MCOL.
    It's very unlikely. They know the whole thing will come crashing down about their ears if their sordid practices there ever came before a court.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yeah the last thing these cowboys want is for this to go to a court because a precedent against them will sink their entire business model, as well as any fallout from it being proven they are running a scam.

If this was before October 2012, I'd just ignore it on the offchance they do try court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure