How often do you service boiler?

Options
We have a great Worcester Combi Boiler, never had a single problem in the last 5yrs.
how often should i get it serviced?
how much should it cost (money tight) - does it really need to be done?

it is working perfect how do i make sure i don't get ripped off and suddenly they say there is a problem????
Saying Thank You doesn't cost anything :beer:

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    If you ask such a question, the 'safety card' will be played and nobody dare advise you other than to conform to the manufacturer's recommendations.

I have a Worcester Combi boiler(Model 9.24 Electronic BF) in a little used annex which is approx 15 years old. I also have the Servicing instructions. These state:
    To ensure the continued efficient operation of the appliance, it must be checked and serviced at regular intervals. The frequency of servicing will depend upon the particular installation conditions and usage but, in general, once per year should be adequate.

The servicing consists of cleaning and visual checks, with not a single adjustment, and I have watched Corgi(now gas safe) fitters service it in 20 minutes many times.

The going rate for a service seems to be about £60.
  • Canucklehead
    Options
    ocalllo wrote: »
    We have a great Worcester Combi Boiler, never had a single problem in the last 5yrs.
    how often should i get it serviced?
    how much should it cost (money tight) - does it really need to be done?

it is working perfect how do i make sure i don't get ripped off and suddenly they say there is a problem????

Good evening: use a RGI recommended to you by a source you trust. Contact Worcester Bosch for advice on servicing. Price varies...dependent on your location in the UK, type of boiler, and servicing requirements.

Tbh... it is a shame that too many folks live in a world where one assumes that he/she will be stitched up by a service provider or a customer.

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • ocalllo
    Options
    Tbh... it is a shame that too many folks live in a world where one assumes that he/she will be stitched up by a service provider or a customer.

Canucklehead

yes i agree but you do have to be careful, especially when it is a service you know nothing about and have to relie on what they are saying. i know everyone it not out to rip you off, but a small minority are sadly :mad:
    Saying Thank You doesn't cost anything :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport