Virgin rs issue 1 a/c limit breach....or not?

Options
Wheres_My_Cashback
Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,294 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 2 October 2017 at 3:53PM in Savings & investments
VRS ISSUE 1 matures 20/10/17 - Max balance permitted £3500

Today I have had £10.48 returned to me entitled A/c limit breach, however the £10.48 was interest into the a/c which should be excluded from the max permissible balance.

Maximum deposit limit £3,500 a year. For all accounts the maximum deposit limit also applies to joint accounts.
• If a monthly deposit results in your account going over the maximum £250 per calendar month deposit limit we will return the
additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.

Have contacted Virgin and awaiting a call back.

Anyone else had this ?

Comments

• gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2017 at 4:09PM
    Options
    Just replied on the regular saver thread - yes I have had this too and came on here to see if anyone else had.

Edit: I've sent them an online message asking why this has happened.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    VRS ISSUE 1 matures 20/10/17 - Max balance permitted £3500

Today I have had £10.48 returned to me entitled A/c limit breach, however the £10.48 was interest into the a/c which should be excluded from the max permissible balance.

Maximum deposit limit £3,500 a year. For all accounts the maximum deposit limit also applies to joint accounts.
    • If a monthly deposit results in your account going over the maximum £250 per calendar month deposit limit we will return the
    additional money to you. This does not include any interest you have asked to be added direct to your account.

Have contacted Virgin and awaiting a call back.

Anyone else had this ?

I've had this today too. Please could you post details of any reply received from Virgin about this. If necessary, I will adjust downwards my final monthly standing order payment for later issues to take account of interest credited to the account in March 2017.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    I've had this today too. Please could you post details of any reply received from Virgin about this. If necessary, I will adjust downwards my final monthly standing order payment for later issues to take account of interest credited to the account in March 2017.

Also in the RS thread...answer is there :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Also in the RS thread...answer is there :)

Thanks. I have sent the £10.51 back by FP to the Virgin Money RS. So far, not rejected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure