Sky mobile

Options
iPhone 7 lightening cable and plug not charging/sync via MACBOOK Air and also not charging through wall socket. Phone SKY few weeks ago and a few days ago to report (1) network connection issues keep getting disconnected and text messages not delivered. Poor connection for over a month and worsen in the last few weeks. SKY saying that the problems are with O2 who has advised them of mass issues in my area. If I go out in a different area I should be able to use it. Also since yesterday iPhone charger has stopped working. SKY said they have NO RESPONSIBILITY to repair it as I am out of the 1 year Warranty. I joined SKY in June 2017 for a contract of 30 months for the iPhone 7 and the SIM just renewed after 12 months. I have still got a further 17 months to pay the phone. SKY saying the iPhone is a loan. SKY saying that I should take it to an Apple Store near me to get it repaired/checked at my own cost. From talking to Apple support, they could not determine whether the charging cable is faulty. Even if they sent a new one to me it will be at my own cost (£40). I have checked the lightening cable/plug as well the wall socket no problems. I explained to SKY I am housebound due to my disability and it will be impossible for me very to go to an apple store in the next few days. I am not sure even if I get a new charger if it will work. SKY not listening saying they cannot do anything. I don't know what to do as battery on phone very low. will appreciate any suggestions or if anyone experiencing similar problems with network provider.:(

Comments

• ginnza
    ginnza Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Order a iPhone charging cable off amazon for less than £10
    I use anker ones they have been very reliable for me although with anything you might get unlucky and it won’t work and will have to be replaced , they reloaded a faulty one I previously got straight away
    they also offer 18 month warranties .
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If the problem is with the phone (less likely, I know), what's the point in wasting £10? Is it not easier simply to borrow (or buy for £1) a cable to check first?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    If the problem is with the phone (less likely, I know), what's the point in wasting £10? Is it not easier simply to borrow (or buy for £1) a cable to check first?

Borrow as first option definitely. I wouldn't recommend a £1 cable to check for issues though. There are so many about that don't work properly that it still wouldn't help narrow the issue down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure