Leeds building society application worries

Options
Hi everyone. Just after a bit of feedback from anyone who's applied for a mortgage with Leeds BS and how the process went for you and if you got asked anything similar.
Our application went in about 4 weeks ago, we had the survey done and then they came back and asked for childcare evidence and the help
To buy form, my mortgage adviser sent this across and today they have come back saying that they need the HTB form and the childcare forms signed and certified and I also had to pay the £35 chaps fee. They said once revived it goes to final underwriting; I'm getting very nervous now as my
Adviser said they are being very picky and I'm worried they are going to throw it back again. Has anyone had anything similar, it's so frustrating as I'm now back to the bottom of the que and it's another 3 working days before they look at it.

Comments

• Newbiebuyer2016
    Options
    We have just competes with a Leeds Mortgage! They are a pain but we got there!

You can probably see on my previous threads my timeline for application to offer.

It was 4 weeks total, after 2 weeks we had to provide childcare evidence, letter from employer, and some self employed evidence. Then 5 days again then we got delayed 3 times so my MB got a bit shirty with them.

I assume you doing shared ownership as part of your help to buy?

I wouldn't say they are picky they are just notoriously slow!
  • Scarlettlayla2016
    Options
    Thank you for this!
    My Morg broker said they are just asking silly questions now she forwarded the email direct from the help to buy agents and they said it could of been tampered with, we are doing a full morg application with the help to buy equity loan of 20%. Did you have to pay £35 before you got accepted?
  • Newbiebuyer2016
    Options
    Sorry for late reply! Yes we paid on application!
  • Senior_Paper_Monitor
    Options
    Ah - that's Leeds for you, but to be honest they are better than they used to be (used to be on our 'not enough days left of my life list').

Picky always, insane occasionally - but it usually gets through eventually if you get to the nit picking stage !
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    For a broker LBS are like the Dentist. Painful, but you have to visit them every so often.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Matt_B
    Options
    Have just completed with Leeds yesterday, and while they're slow and can seem a bit pedantic - their customer service was excellent throughout the whole process. Took approx 6 weeks from application to offer, so I wouldn't stress. The fact they're asking for additional information is good, as it hopefully means they're simply looking for evidence to complete their file in order to approve everything.

I was told by an advisor at Leeds that the initial application is checked and signed off by an 'assessor' and then if all good, it goes in for final underwriting (ie; if the underwriter agrees with the assessor the mortgage will be approved) however sometimes the underwriter will pick up certain things the assessor may have missed, so will need to request further info to complete the file.

The fact they've requested the CHAPS fee is a good sign, it means they're expecting to have to transfer money to your solicitors at some point...

Not sure why they get such bad reviews on here from everyone, I found them really good!
  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I Quite like them, always have. I don't think they are overly picky they actually want to lend the money - they are not the slickest in terms of processing but you can speak directly to an underwriter and they have good products.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    Options
    Application submitted three weeks ago and it's taken them until their second "shopping list" of requirements to ask for a sole occupier declaration.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    Options
    Matt_B wrote: »
    Not sure why they get such bad reviews on here from everyone, I found them really good!
    Experience.

Ten to twenty applications a year and you get used to the requests and the delays.

Most of our cases are offered in a week to ten days. We consider ourselves fortunate if we get an offer from Leeds inside three weeks.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Matt_B
    Matt_B Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Experience.

Ten to twenty applications a year and you get used to the requests and the delays.

Most of our cases are offered in a week to ten days. We consider ourselves fortunate if we get an offer from Leeds inside three weeks.

Fair enough- I guess you can only comment on own personal experience. Was my first ever mortgage, so didn't have a clue on usual time scales... but there customer service was always excellent! Looking back I only had the option between Leeds or Skipton, so perhaps going with Skipton would have saved me a month of sleepless night!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure