Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I also read very quickly (c 2000 wpm) so often finish surveys much quicker than the stated average. I usually simply leave it for a few minutes to avoid any problems, until the submit time is close to the average. I don't feel I'm cheating anyone as I do take the surveys seriously but I can't be bothered to have to prove it.
  • Raffers
    Raffers Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Survey on human actions 5 by Bartosz Ma!!!263;kiewicz Studies Survey on human actions 5
    Maximum Allowed Time : 25mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £4.64/hr

Can't seem to connect to the survey server page. It's a Polish domain. Have emailed the host but dunno how to secure my participation? It will expire in 15 mins.
  • kayemm
    kayemm Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Then he is full of it, imo. I did it in about three and a half minutes and I was dawdling. Worth contacting PA, do you think?

He said it takes 30 seconds to read the scenario which means I only spent 1 minute 30 seconds answering questions... apparently one can't be a fast reader these days :huh:

I can't be bothered disputing it with PA for the sake of 81p. I think the average completion time was 4 minutes or something when I went back to look at it.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kayemm wrote: »
    He said it takes 30 seconds to read the scenario which means I only spent 1 minute 30 seconds answering questions... apparently one can't be a fast reader these days :huh:

I can't be bothered disputing it with PA for the sake of 81p. I think the average completion time was 4 minutes or something when I went back to look at it.

He is probably one of those ignoramuses who think, because they can't do something/it has never happened to them that no-one can do it/it cannot happen. The world seems to be full of them, these days.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Raffers wrote: »
    Survey on human actions 5 by Bartosz Ma!!!263;kiewicz Studies Survey on human actions 5
    Maximum Allowed Time : 25mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £4.64/hr

Can't seem to connect to the survey server page. It's a Polish domain. Have emailed the host but dunno how to secure my participation? It will expire in 15 mins.

That happened to me as well, when I was half way through the survey, so I had to give up.

It was my first survey since 26/01/2018, so I was quite excited. I joined Prolific on 10/12/2017, and made £20 in my first six weeks, which I thought was excellent, but it's been dead recently
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One of your referrals is complete!
    Hi ******,

****** has cashed out for the first time. To thank you, we've credited your account with £ 21.18 !

Wow! Thank you to whoever it was that used my referral :)
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    That's pretty impressive for a referral cashout!
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I know! Totally forgot about it as I posted it ages ago, I'm never normally this lucky!
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow and congrats, MLE007, if anyone deserves it, you do. :T I received £10 once, yours is more than double! Well done to whoever that was; they must have the patience of a saint.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aww cheers Smodlet, I had 12 sign up to my referral and one cashed out ages ago and I got 55p and I was happy with that. I thought the others didn't get on with the site (which is understandable at times!). Yes I remember you got a good one too, I am not sure I would be brave enough to stash 200 quid in a survey account but I'm grateful they did!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback