Here we go then - My Diary/Story

Options

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Walaboobah wrote: »
    Yes fair point Igam, I did check our local freecycle but there were none on there unfortunately

You can always REQUEST:D The only time I have got anything from Fr**gle is when I have asked - e.g a piano stool and as the lady said who I collected it from - " I hadn't realised I didn't need it until I saw your request!" A request is always worth a punt :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Good point, wish i'd thought of that!
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't expect letters and stuff from creditors necessarily. Some will correspond with the CCCS directly, and some will contact you as well. All depends. You are likely to get statements from them all, once a month or so (although some of ours have stopped doing that and they now come every few months). When you get them, check to see if they've stopped charging interest and stuff. If they haven't, send 'em a letter asking them to.
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Thanks, BR - I guess I had anticipated being inundated with phone calls and mail off them, I guess the fact we are addressing our debt problems go in our favour though!
  • BlushingRose
    Options
    Thanks, BR - I guess I had anticipated being inundated with phone calls and mail off them, I guess the fact we are addressing our debt problems go in our favour though!

yes, for sure.
    We've only ever had calls from one creditor, and that was Mr BR's old bank and even then, that was only in the first few weeks when there are was some major mix up with closing the bank account.

• Walaboobah
    Options
    Well that's good to hear, hopefully it will be the same for us!
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    Just spoken to CCCS, they haven't heard off any of my creditors but the girl I spoke to said that's not unusual it may take a number of months before they make contact
  • Walaboobah
    Options
    :mad: FLAMING HALIFAX!!

Just checked my statement and they've added interest to the credit card account which is more than the payment they are getting for CCCS!

This means we are never going to reduce the balance on the account!!

Really really annoyed, I shall be on the phone to Halifax first thing Monday morning! :mad:
  • BlushingRose
    Options
    :mad: FLAMING HALIFAX!!

Just checked my statement and they've added interest to the credit card account which is more than the payment they are getting for CCCS!

This means we are never going to reduce the balance on the account!!

Really really annoyed, I shall be on the phone to Halifax first thing Monday morning! :mad:

I would send them a letter, rather than ringing, if it were me.
    There are templates for this sort of thing.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Do neither.
    Deal with them through CCCS.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure