“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hope everyone is well tomorrow.

I realise you said you were in Tesco (but my Tesco has a proper pharmacy), but just checking you have heard of the Minor Ailment Scheeme? It’s not available in all areas, but you can be given free prescriptions by the pharmacist for under 16s Xx

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/common-illnesses-your-pharmacist-can-help-with/
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Thank you I looked and none of the pharmacies here offer it, wonder if it's not in this area or there is one further away. Will have a ring around tomorrow to see if I can find out
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I feel in limbo, I have nothing at all to do (unless I go and clean outside in the dark but I think that's a step too far!)

I'm considering a shower and settling down with the hot water bottle to watch some more Gilmore Girls.

I feel like I should be doing more but what can I do :o I can't even find something to clean :cool:

Maybe I am crazy enough to go and clean outside :rotfl:

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Step away from the door handle and go watch some TV :rotfl::rotfl:
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Put the TV on and if you really must clean something give the remote a wipe over ;) x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Come & do my cleaning:p:rotfl: x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear, Wannabe - don't go out in the cold and the dark! :D Go on YouTube and learn a skill... or watch The Gilmore Girls. :D

I love the Bero book too. A classic. Ooh, I have an idea for you. If you have room on your phone (as I never do), do you have the Kindle app? You can download samples from books for free and while that's not always satisfactory (you might decide you need the whole book), some of the children's books on there are free. You could get some together either for the older ones to read or for DD2's future homeschooling if you choose to go ahead with it.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I'm happy to do any cleaning :rotfl: although it's raining so can't do the outside of the windows :cool:

I do have room Cherry! I will download and have a look. I love reading but haven't been to the library for myself for a long time!

Smalls are all sleeping so going to jump (more like crawl) into the shower. Decisions I've the smalls playing on my mind. Ever just wish things could be as simple as black and white? I try not to post about that stuff here but I think it's important to those that have helped know my mood has been low because of background stuff and I do 100% appreciate the help and advice I've received. I am definitely not ungreatful and don't want to come across that way.

Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm happy to do any cleaning :rotfl: although it's raining so can't do the outside of the windows :cool:

I do have room Cherry! I will download and have a look. I love reading but haven't been to the library for myself for a long time!

Smalls are all sleeping so going to jump (more like crawl) into the shower. Decisions I've the smalls playing on my mind. Ever just wish things could be as simple as black and white? I try not to post about that stuff here but I think it's important to those that have helped know my mood has been low because of background stuff and I do 100% appreciate the help and advice I've received. I am definitely not ungreatful and don't want to come across that way.

Xx

Things are never black & white.
    We just want the best for you & the smalls.
    We all have stuff going on in the background so dont give it another thought.
    Remember what a strong amazing woman you are.
    xx

Will PM you in a mo.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • PositiveBalance
    Options

Oh Gawd, Wannabe - I need you at my place! :rotfl:

To be fair, it's not unclean, per se, more cluttered.

I have so much stuff I need to Ebay/Facebay, it's not even true! :eek:

I'm glad to hear that DD's temperature has gone down.

I'm sure there must be somewhere near you that does the Minor Ailments Scheme - perhaps something to find out when you have a bit more time on your hands?!

SIT DOWN AND RELAX! (Or as near as you can to it!) Sometimes, relaxing is what is needed for your body and your mind - if only you to refresh you for the upcoming battles ahead. x
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family