Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” - Page 361

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

edited 21 November 2017 at 12:21PM in Debt Free Diaries
8.2K replies 675.8K views

Replies

• teafor2teafor2 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are definitely more grey areas in life than black and white ones especially where children are concerned and whether you're doing the right thing for them. I'm not surprised you're feeling low, you must be mentally exhausted at times having to deal with everything you do on your own.

You don't come across as ungrateful - hope there's not a reason for you thinking that. x
  • PositiveBalancePositiveBalance Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    teafor2 wrote: »
    You don't come across as ungrateful - hope there's not a reason for you thinking that. x

Absolutely! :p

You have every right to have an outpouring of emotion, be it positive or negative. It's normal and human and we all do it.

Come to my thread to see how it's unashamedly done! :rotfl:
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£3050
  • WannabeFreeWannabeFree Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Had my shower and going to get on the sofa

Just wanted to make sure Teafor2. The debt has come down with money for that not out my bank balance leaving me short. Just didn't want the wrong message coming across.

Haha PB I lurk on your diary :o

Xx
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your debt is moving so quickly I can't keep up with it :rotfl: but I think what you're saying is you don't want people to think you've used what you class as 'food and everything else' money to pay the debt off instead of buying food and other things you need? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Seems to me DD's shoes and the pharmacy trips have knocked £20 off your food budget this week. Is that right? x
  • WannabeFreeWannabeFree Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly that. You worded it so much better than me

Yours makes sense :o

Xx
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Unfortunately, this week 'the everything else' part was a pair of shoes DD desperately needed, painkillers and medicine for DD. So you've actually spent it on what it was supposed to be spent on. Yes, it would have been better if you hadn't needed to buy those things but at least you had the money there for them. Much better than having to get the dreaded CC out again that's for sure. :)

Now put that TV on and stop fretting about things. x
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Haha PB I lurk on your diary :o

Xx

Please unlurk! (You just have!) It's like an echo chamber in there! (Sort of my own fault as I do a lot of my reading on my mobile on the way to/from work but I don't post that much as fat fingers and a small screen (and not great eyes) mean sooo many spelling mistakes! :o

teafor2 wrote: »
    Honestly, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Unfortunately, this week 'the everything else' part was a pair of shoes DD desperately needed, painkillers and medicine for DD. So you've actually spent it on what it was supposed to be spent on. Yes, it would have been better if you hadn't needed to buy those things but at least you had the money there for them. Much better than having to get the dreaded CC out again that's for sure. :)

Now put that TV on and stop fretting about things. x

Absolutely and yes! If we don't hear that at least 2 episode of The Gilmore Girls have been consumed before morning, there will be trouble! *Taps foot*
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WF there's not many on here MORE grateful than you - definitely no need to worry about that. You've had concerns like this before and if I remember rightly they stemmed from some nasty comments you got from someone - if anything like that is happening again please report the perpetrator to the forum team ASAP!

Agree with those saying sit and take some time for yourself and learn to do nothing occasionally - it's SO good to make sure you take time to recharge.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    WF there's not many on here MORE grateful than you - definitely no need to worry about that. You've had concerns like this before and if I remember rightly they stemmed from some nasty comments you got from someone - if anything like that is happening again please report the perpetrator to the forum team ASAP!.

Or worse...us!

We won't take any of that nonsense on your behalf.

Gawd help them! :rotfl:
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning :) Hope you're feeling a bit better about things this morning. Did DD have a good night? And more importantly did you watch The Gilmore Girls? Positive Balance will be very annoyed if you didn't ;)

I really hope you've not had any nasty comments, must admit I'm surprised that has happened in the past, everybody always seems so helpful on here. :o

I'm off out now but I'll PM you later. x