All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy new diary mumbling taff, thought I hadn't seen you post for a while - good to see you back.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The last 15 mins of the yoga class sound right up my street MT :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello red and mummy! Great to see you both!

Just back from running club - really enjoyed it again and ran further and faster than last time. The people there really are fab - really friendly and encouraging. It's my new favourite thing!! :)

Just waiting for tea to cook (why does boiling pasta always take ages when you're starving??) then will have a quick bath and watch Come Home before an earlish night with a new book. Have a couple to choose from so I'll see how the mood takes me.
    I'm donating blood tomorrow afternoon so need a proper rest after the activities of the day.
    Spoke to himself this afternoon - didn't go well..... Almost didn't go running as I was really fed up and annoyed but forced myself and was really glad I did and didn't let it spoil my day. I'm learning......Tomorrow is another day.....
  • savetosave
    savetosave Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    If you haven't tried SW butter chicken, I can recommend it. It takes a bit of prep but really tasty. I would add a link but I have no idea how.
    Good luck x
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you savetosave - I'm a useless cook but will have a go at some point. I have access to the SW recipe website and will definitely have a look for that one. Have stuck to the diet religiously so far and not used all my syns so fingers crossed.

Slept fairly well apart from waking up a couple of times absolutely bathed in sweat - my age unfortunately....the tamoxifen will make that worse too ... :(
    Never mind, better than the alternative.

I started a new book last night - Life And Other Near-Death Experiences by Camille Pagan. Wasn't sure whether I'd like it as its about a woman with cancer who discovers her husband has been lying to her (I won't reveal anymore, don't want to spoil it for anyone that might read it). But so far (6 chapters in) it's really good!!! Easy to read, funny and a real page turner. Not at all what I expected.

Not much planned for today - donating blood at 5pm but no other firm plans. My legs are a bit stiff today so I think just a couple of long dog walks but no running for exercise.
    I did manage some work yesterday (just 90 mins or so) so I need to do more (a lot more!). I'm setting myself a goal of one set of books marked - I'll probably pick the smallest set to do but it's a start ;)

Little goals for today to keep me on track...(I love a list)
    1. Make phone call about the car
    2. Phone hospital about appointment
    3. Mark a set of books
    4. 2 long dog walks (min 30 mins each)
    5. Give the bathrooms a good clean (other housework done yesterday)

Off to check if it's raining and, if not, its dog walk time ......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    A mixed day so far.... Took the dog for a good walk and had a long bath with my new book (still very good, think I'll probably finish it this week, a real page turner).
    Then the postman arrived with a rejection letter for one of the jobs I'd applied for - it was the most speculative and least desirable job so not the end of the world but still it's not nice to be told no. :(
    After a minor sulk, I phoned BMW about a letter they'd sent me saying I owed them £299 - all sorted out now, they've "refunded " the money after a bit of faffing about, so good news there. Phoned the hospital but I can't speak to the right person until 2pm, will phone back later.
    Then forced myself to do a bit of marking - 5 books left to go in the class set so nearly finished but bored of it now. Will finish them later.

Onwards and upwards .....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Got everything on the list done eventually and been to donate blood. Just waiting for a jacket spud to cook - starving now.
    Feeling a bit fed up today, not busy enough, I'm useless at doing nothing. I'm so used to rushing from one thing to the next that downtime is hard to fill unless I'm working at home and I'm trying to limit that a bit.
    The weather hasn't helped - it's chucked it down all day :( Poor poochy has been in since this morning - will have to dodge the showers after tea regardless.

Will have to think of something to do tomorrow to keep me occupied - have an appointment at 12.30 for an hour but other than that no plans. Might go to Dunelm for bedding (rock and roll!) and go for a run if I'm not too tired after giving blood.
    This evening will be a quiet one - telly and an early night with the book.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    Feeling much more positive today - the sun is shining and I slept better last night.
    Just back from a nice long walk with the dog - it's a lovely day and I spoke to a few people I didn't know whilst out. The dog is a real cutie and seems to encourage people to stop and chat. Just passing the time of day with others just makes you feel better. Funny isn't it? I guess we're just social animals?

I often listen to podcasts whilst walking him - anything from motivation to happiness to film reviews and, my current favourite, true crime. I'm also partial to an audiobook and subscribe to Audible. It makes the time go quicker and I often learn something or it makes me think.

So, today's agenda..... I'm going for a short run soon (hopefully giving blood won't affect me too much), then I'm popping for a quick sunbed (I know! but it's the only thing that keeps the small patches of psoriasis I have under control) and then a bath. I have a counselling appointment at 12.30 for an hour and then I might pop to buy a mattress protector and some new pillows. I finally had a new mattress delivered a couple of weeks ago and it needs a new cover and my pillows are like limp lettuce leaves. The mattress is a million times better than the old one so I just need to finish things off with the extras. The money will come out of the house and garden account - I've no idea how much it will be but will try to keep it to a minimum whilst buying good quality. I also need to do a bit more marking today - will do just an hour and see how much I can get done if I'm focussed.

OH has asked if he can see me to talk today (a first) - I've agreed but am not going to revolve my day around him as he can be unreliable. See...I'm learning ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Run done - just 4km but faster than I've done before :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Well, what a day....
    Met OH for lunch after my counselling session and we actually talked properly. No arguments, no sulking, just an honest conversation. I think we've made real progress - he was sorry and I believe him but it's his actions from now on that will decide our future and I've made that very clear.
    Feel better about us but it's up to him to prove himself now and he's got to step up or I'm leaving for good. He understands that now. There were tears on both sides but I think the air has been cleared. He's also now very clear that I'm looking for a new job, I'm going to continue to develop my social life and interests and that I can carry on without him. We'll see what the next few weeks bring - it's make or break time permanently.

The shopping fell by the wayside today but it was more important to resolve things.
    Right, I'm off to walk the dog and get a bit of fresh air after the emotions of the afternoon. Think I'll be seeing him later so need to clear my head first.
    Let's hope it's a turning point.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport