ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Amanda4242
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    As the Govt claimed about the sell off the loan terms have not changed!

So send exactly the info you have the SLC in the past! You are under no legal obligation to use erudios DAF! However you will have to fight theM for a long time if you use your own form! They are going to court shortly over it so things may change!

No need to fill in the DD if you are not going to repay!
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the info I will do as you suggest! Any idea when the court date will be?

Also am I right in thinking that I should not provide other details of any benefits like child benefits, child tax?
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 463 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    anna2007 wrote: »
    There was always space on SLC's DAF for those types of benefits to be declared. There's a copy of SLC's deferment processing manual here, which has details of all types of income that counted when assessing the deferment application:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/assessment_of_deferment_applicat#incoming-562041

If your benefits take you over the threshold, would it be possible to have e.g. the Child Benefit paid to your partner instead?
    Sorry more questions!!!! Thanks for the info :) I know I used to provide details of Child Tax Credit and that never sent me over the threshold. However did it not used to be £29,000 but in my Erudio DFA letter it states the threshold is now £22,000 which WOULD put me over the threshold with my tax credits. Any advice much appreciated as to what the threshold is.

Am I right in thinking child benefit is not to be included?
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Amanda4242 wrote: »
    Sorry more questions!!!! Thanks for the info :) I know I used to provide details of Child Tax Credit and that never sent me over the threshold. However did it not used to be £29,000 but in my Erudio DFA letter it states the threshold is now £22,000 which WOULD put me over the threshold with my tax credits. Any advice much appreciated as to what the threshold is.

Am I right in thinking child benefit is not to be included?
    £22,000?! :eek: The threshold's £26,727 for this year, that's confirmed on Erudio's website, see the FAQ's, 'Am I eligible for deferment?':

http://www.erudiostudentloans.co.uk/faqs/default.htm

It's the parent who's the main carer who usually receives the Child Benefit payments - if that's you, then yes it should be declared. If you're jointly responsible, both working, there's no reason the CB can't be paid to your OH, then it can't be classed as your income ;)

Another thought on the other benefits - if, like CTC, it's meant for both of you, then only half of the income from that benefit is yours. I included all of the CTC as my income last year, but will only declare half this year, as it clearly states both of our names at the top of the award letter.

Good luck!
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    anna2007 wrote: »
    £22,000?! :eek: The threshold's £26,727 for this year, that's confirmed on Erudio's website, see the FAQ's, 'Am I eligible for deferment?':

http://www.erudiostudentloans.co.uk/faqs/default.htm

It's the parent who's the main carer who usually receives the Child Benefit payments - if that's you, then yes it should be declared. If you're jointly responsible, both working, there's no reason the CB can't be paid to your OH, then it can't be classed as your income ;)

Another thought on the other benefits - if, like CTC, it's meant for both of you, then only half of the income from that benefit is yours. I included all of the CTC as my income last year, but will only declare half this year, as it clearly states both of our names at the top of the award letter.

Good luck!
    Thanks very much :)
    No I'm single and can't 'transfer' my CTC payments to anyone else :(

Are Erudio legally allowed to decrease the threshold?
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options

No the bloody well are not! It's set independently!

I don't suppose they put that threshold in writing to you?
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options

The threshold's set by Government each year and can't be changed by Erudio.

So Erudio have stated in writing it's £22,000? Is there any chance you can post up a copy on the forum Amanda4242? If Erudio are messing with the threshold, we need to let everyone know about it!!
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    Sorry one more question!!! I promise!!! Part of my CTC goes towards Child Care - is this included? Should I write something about this when I respond to their deferment letter?
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    No the bloody well are not! It's set independently!

I don't suppose they put that threshold in writing to you?
    Yes they put it in writing on their cover letter. I have it at home so won't beable to post it until tomorrow as I don't have a scanner at home. It is 3/4's of way down page and is in bold writing. Scared me to death when I saw that.
  • BorderReiver14
    Options
    Yes they put it in writing on their cover letter. I have it at home so won't beable to post it until tomorrow as I don't have a scanner at home. It is 3/4's of way down page and is in bold writing. Scared me to death when I saw that.

They are bang out of order but may have shot themselves in the foot if you have that in writing. If the penny has not already dropped Amanda, I would question everything they say and fight them tooth and nail when they mess you about!
    Please also make careful note that if you use their DAF you need only provide them with 10% of the information they are asking for. No need to tell them if you rent or homeowner, your NI no etc. There is a list on the thread way back. Also don't agree to any changes in Terms and Conditions.
    Court action to take place on 6th March
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • BorderReiver14
    Options
    Sorry one more question!!! I promise!!! Part of my CTC goes towards Child Care - is this included? Should I write something about this when I respond to their deferment letter?

Yes... The only thing they will consider excluding is disability benefits. They are more than willing to include everything else if there is a chance they can force you to start paying back.
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure