PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NM - I get so angry when I hear about people being put in situations not of their own making that could be sorted easily by applying some common sense. Glad Macmillan are involved as hopefully they will be able to add some considerable weight for you.
    Like many of you I really appreciate my warm and comfortable home. I am also very lucky to live in an area of outstanding beauty - which I am very grateful for. I think as I've got older I also appreciate family and good friends and place less emphasis on posessions now.
    I think my 'unbelievable' thing was a retirement crisis (not mid life lol) buying a boat - I still have a lot to learn and most of the time I feel the fear & do it anyway! but I am slowly getting there (hope to get a trip to you Monna this year - its still on my list!) I'll never do a cross channel but a cross Solent is perfectly doable ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monna you may be right it has two pubs and two Carveries but I don't think security would let me in.

After tea DS was getting himself some orange juice. "there's a bit left do you want some he said." giving me the carton, I am still at the table.

So he gets me a glass and it is still wet I washed it just before tea. I poured it out, about half a teaspoon full. It's not worth opening my mouth for I said. He went off to be laughing.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

We are on the last night of our holiday :(. We have had a lovely time, although if I am honest, I would have liked it to be warmer.

We have done lots and lots of walking - a 2 to 3 hour mountain walk every day. We have found the sun above the clouds... :rotfl:

I have read two books and skim read a third (Jo Jo Moyes "me before you". I quite liked it but there were just too many words :p)

Looking forward to seeing my kids and my own bed... But at the same time, I wish we could stay longer...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all. I am very tired of Millie's conviction that 4.00am is the proper time to start the day.

Grey and dreary today so I will be up and doing this morning and then will enjoy my afternoon with a clear conscience. Curling up with a book appeals at the moment.

VJsmum, you may well have started the journey home by now. Do you find that the journey out is exciting but the journey home is tiresome because once you start it you can only think of being home again?
    The first night in your own bed after a holiday is bliss, no matter how wonderful the holiday.

Silvasava, The Pilot is still there and waiting, if the destination is Ryde, Harry's Bar or Ryde Castle are very good.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

People who need help sometimes look a lot like people who don't need help.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    I love your Today's Thought monna. I'm still trying to get the hang of saying "Oh, yes please!" if someone offers me help with something, rather than saying "No, no, I'm fine thanks!"
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Horrible dull dark blustery grey day here, am so fedup of this. I want some sunny snowy days. Hard to stay motivated some days innit..
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Horrible dull dark blustery grey day here, am so fedup of this. I want some sunny snowy days. Hard to stay motivated some days innit..

Looking at the weather forecast for next week, you may get your wish - it looks COLD.... :D

I am looking forward to lighter evenings and spring arriving - determined to spend more time in the garden this year :j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    To get colder Monday afternoon but I haven't looked past that.. scared in case it's cold rain! I find it hard to get enthusiastic about spring though as it's so far away. I found a Norwegian saying that really fits for here "As the days grow longer, the cold grows stronger". That is very true.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    mar Spring WILL come :) And I know I'm a lot further south than some of you but I spotted a couple of daffodils just poking their little green heads above ground today :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Today when Cookie and I went for our walk I found a little clump of celandines, in a sheltered ditch, wide open and like mini suns shining in amongst the grass so even though it doesn't look or feel like it Spring is beginning to show it's face.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback