AimeeMum's Debt-free challenge

Options

Comments

• aimeemum
    aimeemum Posts: 687 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Monday has been fun - had youngest off school so he had to come with me to do my errands. Took mine and hubby's parcels to post - he paid me £5 which means I have made £18 today :D Had to go to Morrisons and pick up some more calpol for the kids and bread,milk etc to see us over to Thursday.

Been staring at the spreadsheets today - I am genuinely excited about the prospect of paying off the next set of bills, and the next set. I can see how quickly it's going down, just wish the time would go quicker!

Tomorrow I need to put a few more bits onto ebay. I think I have about 3 more things before I need to start doing some more hunting. I'm hoping I can get hubby to help me with some sorting/tip runs/charity shop runs tomorrow....I then plan on having Wednesday OFF!! :D
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • aimeemum
    Options
    Acheivements today -

NSD #2 for February - tomorrow should be another one :D

Took a car load to the tip, plus 2 bags to the charity shop.

Planning on cleaning all the bathrooms and sorting the master bedroom tomorrow, and the recycling (what's left after tip runs today) needs to be sorted into the collection boxes ready for Friday. So much for a 'day off' but I think I can get everything done in the morning and have a lazy afternoon. Need to do my meal plan and shopping list ready for Thursday.

£1 sent to H2S as this was leftover in my bills account this week.
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
  • aimeemum
    Options
    LSD today - sent hubby to the corner shop for milk and other bits. Spent £5.

Acheivements for today -

- sorted ALL my recycling into it's boxes. My kitchen is now recycling free!!! :D
    - Cleaned the family bathroom from top to bottom. I even scrubbed the floor and dusted the heated rail!
    - Cleared and wiped my hob and tiles behind my hob. I can't remember the last time I did the tiles....they required wire wool!
    - 2 loads of washing all out to dry, dry laundry all put away!

Just the en-suite to clean tomorrow and I'm up to speed with my bathrooms. Hope to do the sort out of the MB tomorrow too...as then I'll be back on track for the rest of the week! I also need to do my ironing tomorrow/Friday.

Payday tomorrow so will be going to the supermarket first thing, then coming home and paying this week's instalment of rent and repayments.
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
  • aimeemum
    Options
    Oh and no swimming this weekend....eldest needs new school shoes so a trip out the shops is in order. May just take him on his own to avoid further spending, and younger two are happy enough to stay home and play...or would that be cruel?
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Hi aimeemum

You've made an amazing start in your diary and I know you'll definitely crack the debt with that much motivation.

I hate the dreaded school shop trip and wouldn't blame you for leaving the littlest ones. X
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • aimeemum
    edited 7 February 2019 at 2:12PM
    Options
    Hi aimeemum

You've made an amazing start in your diary and I know you'll definitely crack the debt with that much motivation.

I hate the dreaded school shop trip and wouldn't blame you for leaving the littlest ones. X

Thanks for the support. I hate school shopping, no matter what it is, as it's all so expensive. I think I will leave them home this time, plus it will be nice to take eldest for some 1-2-1 for a change too :D

Been out grocery shopping this morning....over-spent massively (my budget is £80, spent £98! Eeek!) - had hubby with me, I blame him!

£54 paid off my total today. Also paid my rent this week so that's done for another month too :D Totals are now £877/£4,783 and total remaining £3,904. Would have liked to make some more progress but I have to remember some things:

1. Progress is progress I've not gone backwards and that's £54 I wont have to find in future!
    2. I still have £50 in my bank, plus £30 in my purse to cover this week's expenses.
    3. I have spent the last 3 years running my accounts to the wire/going overdrawn. it's nice to see it in the black!
    4. I'm only 5 weeks into my journey and we've paid off £877! £877 That's !!!!!!!g amazing!! :j
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
  • aimeemum
    edited 8 February 2019 at 6:57PM
    Options
    Update after 5 weeks of payments/budgeting:

Hubby's Aqua CC - £650 - - NOW £254.40

My CC Vanquis - £952 - - NOW £799

CCJ (28/1/2016) - £580 - - NOW £455.50

Council Tax (including Arrears) 2018-19 - £1300 - - NOW £817

OVO Energy (Arrears) £1336 -- NOW £1366

Yorkshire Water (Arrears) - £220 - - NOW £210

Not bad!!
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
  • GSDlover
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep up the momentum. Sounds like you are on target to decrease your debt bit by bit and that’s the best way to do it. I’ve subscribed to watch your progress, I like your diary xx
  • aimeemum
    Options
    GSDlover wrote: »
    You are doing great! Keep up the momentum. Sounds like you are on target to decrease your debt bit by bit and that’s the best way to do it. I’ve subscribed to watch your progress, I like your diary xx

Thank you, its nice to have support...and company :D

Achievements for today:

- Daily tasks all done
    - Did my ironing
    - cleaned the en-suite

I also cooked swett-chilli pork pittas for tea and the kids all cleaned their plates.....they just unknowingly ate mushrooms and onions!! Mwah hah hah :p

Shopping trip tomorrow, then gammon for tea in lieu of Sunday lunch.

And I would like to get some writing done this weekend. I have done NOTHING this week with hubby being home all week.....I really need to make some academic progress :mad:
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
  • aimeemum
    Options
    Lovely little shopping trip (necessity as eldest needed new school shoes - got them from ASDA as their shoes always wear well on him, he's now a size 2 but we managed to get a nice comfy pair for £13) - while we were out we picked up 2 toy cars for DS2's birthday (his birthday is in May but they were £1 each so I thought I'd get them in!), a pack of socks for DS2 as he has holes in every pair atm, and a card and a present for the birthday boy and girl whose party we're attending next weekend. Hobbycraft came up trumps with paint your own money boxes for £2 a piece!

Total spend for all that, plus the shoes.....£21.55. Very pleased with that.

Found out that we have a £35 cancellation fee from hubby's old car insurance policy to pay later this month. Also had some good news, that my son's trip in May that should have cost us £80, will only be costing us £35 thanks to him being eligible for PP funding, and as we've already paid the £30 deposit, we only owe £5! Very happy about that! :D

Nice lazy Saturday afternoon coming up here....may spend some time doing some meal plans and doing my Tesco order for this week. Hoping to under-spend to compensate for this week, so need to do a freezer list and use up some stuff from the cupboards.
    Current Progress -
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills