Options
13»

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Anon321 wrote: »
    My Friend did get her wardrobes from Hammonds.

The point is we would have rather had backs to the wardrobes but were told “our wardrobes don’t come with backs.” My Friend has sliding door wardrobes installed including backs and paid a similar price. I believe that we were misinformed and as such, by comparison have not been sold goods at a reasonable price.

This is only part of of my complaint.

Need advice on substandard products and bad workmanship please.

That part of any claim is going nowhere so forget that. Have you contacted Hammonds about the quality? That should be your first action
  • Anon321
    Anon321 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, point noted, thank you.

Yes, raised the issue of the quality and workmanship whilst it was still being installed. I just can’t see how it can be put right ☹️
  • waamo
    Options
    I would put your concerns in writing to them. Be factual and dispassionate. Difficult I know but emotive language won't be helpful.

See what they say. They need to be made aware there is a problem before anything. Resolving things amicably is a far easier path at this point.

Let us know what they say, they may look at it and be horrified themselves.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Didn’t OP suggest that the area manager had inspected them already and agreed it was rubbish... this would suggest the issue has already been raised but OP doesn’t advise what outcome actually was.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, point noted, thank you.

Yes, raised the issue of the quality and workmanship whilst it was still being installed. I just can’t see how it can be put right ☹️

And what was the response about the poor workmanship?
  • waamo
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Didn’t OP suggest that the area manager had inspected them already and agreed it was rubbish... this would suggest the issue has already been raised but OP doesn’t advise what outcome actually was.

I'm thinking that a paper trail needs to be set up. I suspect it's all been over the phone so far, which is what most people would do.
  • Anon321
    Options
    Thank you All.

I emailed 50 photos raising 38 separate issues. I have not received a response to the email, but it did prompt them to phone my Dad, and after some convincing the Surveyor visited a couple of days later.

I spoke with him over the phone at length and he was in complete agreement with me. Still waiting to hear the outcome.

I believe I have the “Right to Reject” goods. Has anyone ever done this and if so have they had much success please?
  • waamo
    Options
    Thank you All.

I emailed 50 photos raising 38 separate issues. I have not received a response to the email, but it did prompt them to phone my Dad, and after some convincing the Surveyor visited a couple of days later.

I spoke with him over the phone at length and he was in complete agreement with me. Still waiting to hear the outcome.

I believe I have the “Right to Reject” goods. Has anyone ever done this and if so have they had much success please?

Consumer Rights Act 2015. You have the right to reject goods that are not of satisfactory quality. If you go this route then you need to be putting it in writing. Expect some resistance as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure