Forum Home» Consumer Rights

Please help with Hammonds!!! - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE


The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH


New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions


Please help with Hammonds!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
28 replies 1.8K views
13»

Replies

  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anon321 wrote: »
    My Friend did get her wardrobes from Hammonds.

    The point is we would have rather had backs to the wardrobes but were told “our wardrobes don’t come with backs.” My Friend has sliding door wardrobes installed including backs and paid a similar price. I believe that we were misinformed and as such, by comparison have not been sold goods at a reasonable price.

    This is only part of of my complaint.

    Need advice on substandard products and bad workmanship please.

    That part of any claim is going nowhere so forget that. Have you contacted Hammonds about the quality? That should be your first action
    This space for hire.
  • Ok, point noted, thank you.

    Yes, raised the issue of the quality and workmanship whilst it was still being installed. I just can’t see how it can be put right ☹️
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would put your concerns in writing to them. Be factual and dispassionate. Difficult I know but emotive language won't be helpful.

    See what they say. They need to be made aware there is a problem before anything. Resolving things amicably is a far easier path at this point.

    Let us know what they say, they may look at it and be horrified themselves.
    This space for hire.
  • BermoniaBermonia Forumite
    977 posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Didn’t OP suggest that the area manager had inspected them already and agreed it was rubbish... this would suggest the issue has already been raised but OP doesn’t advise what outcome actually was.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anon321 wrote: »
    Ok, point noted, thank you.

    Yes, raised the issue of the quality and workmanship whilst it was still being installed. I just can’t see how it can be put right ☹️

    And what was the response about the poor workmanship?
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Didn’t OP suggest that the area manager had inspected them already and agreed it was rubbish... this would suggest the issue has already been raised but OP doesn’t advise what outcome actually was.

    I'm thinking that a paper trail needs to be set up. I suspect it's all been over the phone so far, which is what most people would do.
    This space for hire.
  • Thank you All.

    I emailed 50 photos raising 38 separate issues. I have not received a response to the email, but it did prompt them to phone my Dad, and after some convincing the Surveyor visited a couple of days later.

    I spoke with him over the phone at length and he was in complete agreement with me. Still waiting to hear the outcome.

    I believe I have the “Right to Reject” goods. Has anyone ever done this and if so have they had much success please?
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anon321 wrote: »
    Thank you All.

    I emailed 50 photos raising 38 separate issues. I have not received a response to the email, but it did prompt them to phone my Dad, and after some convincing the Surveyor visited a couple of days later.

    I spoke with him over the phone at length and he was in complete agreement with me. Still waiting to hear the outcome.

    I believe I have the “Right to Reject” goods. Has anyone ever done this and if so have they had much success please?

    Consumer Rights Act 2015. You have the right to reject goods that are not of satisfactory quality. If you go this route then you need to be putting it in writing. Expect some resistance as well.
    This space for hire.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support