IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice needed please!!

Options
North123
North123 Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 23 January 2018 at 2:29PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The driver received a pcn back in August which They naively appealed without referring to this site. It’s now got to the’ letter before claim’ stage and so The driver just wanted to ask whether They have any kind of appeal (my guess is no!)
They parked in a car park which They had never used before- pulled into a space and a lady gave them her ticket which had time left on it. They therefore did not go to the ticket machine so didn’t realise the car park had anpr. They assume this is no defence as all tickets say not transferrable?
All advice appreciated.

Comments

• claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have to put the licence plate number in the machine do you know?
    I would expect so.
    (Not sure if you can go and check if you don't know)
  • North123
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I don’t know but could go back to check. I expect you do though.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum to learn about the game you are caught up in.

There is comprehensive advice on dealing with the letter before claim as well as how to defend a court claim
  • North123
    Options
    Thank you. Just wondered if anyone knew whether this was contestable?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    North123 wrote: »

Everything is contestable in this game. Only mugs don’t contest and supinely pay the demands.

If you tell us who the parking comany is we might be able to give you a better idea of how your case might proceed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options

They are all "contestable"

Which you will see if you spend time on the FAQ!
  • North123
    Options
    it’s hx car park management
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    it’s hx car park management

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211664369-HX-Car-Park-Management-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/HX_Car_Park_Management.html

They have had a dabble with some small claims. Not seen any reported results - from memory. They use Gladstones Solicitors who really manage to mess up many contested cases.

Deal with your LBA and any subsequent documentation as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. You need to study that section comprehensively so you’re ready for the next stage and not surprised/shocked by what drops through your letterbox.

Do some forum searches on ‘HX court’ and ‘HX Gladstones’.
    HOW TO USE SEARCH

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.

Also do a wider Google search on ‘You’ve been Gladstoned’
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • North123
    Options
    Thank you.
  • North123
    Options
    Hi

Thank you for your help previously. Have been frantically reading threads etc trying to find one that 'fits '. I was hoping to us the letter as per Daniel San 03.10.17 but wanted to check that this was appropriate and relevant?

The letter before claim refers to paragraph 4 of PAP stating I can complete a reply form online.
    Should I do this or send a letter as queried above?
    I am incredibly upset re this as I feel I have approached this incorrectly from the start without seeking appropriate advice and trying to act reasonably (i.e. I have sent cheques offering to settle). Any advice gratefully received.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure