IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal Court Papers

Options
Hi Guys,

Just want to start by thanking anyone who has posted any information/advice on these forums, it has been invaluable in getting me to this stage.

Let me summarise where I currently stand.

I have recently been sent a County Court Claim Form from BW Legal on behalf of Excel Parking Services. I initially received a letter back dating to June 2014, which states payment had not been made for a parking in a pay-and-display car park. The driver on the day had purchased a ticket and had incorrectly entered their registration plate.

I responded to the first letter after reading advice on here, acknowledging the letter but specifying it did not meet the required 'Letter Before Claim' criteria.

I received another letter stating that they felt they had provided the required information and asking for payment once again. I then (as advised on here) sent another letter breaking down further the information relating to the Practice Direction about what is needed in order for me to respond correctly, and strangely I then was sent a letter stating that as they had no reply from me (since their first letter, despite this being dated 3 weeks after) they were going to start Court Proceedings.

I replied again stating that I had maintained correspondence and have the email dates to prove this, but instead received the Court Claim forms a few days ago.

I am now drafting my defence on a number of points and will post on here ASAP, but until then any advice on what to focus on as a rough guide or any questions about the situation would be welcomed.

Thanks to all in advance

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And does the court claim fully comply to the
    new procedure ?

Sounds like BWLegal are on the funny stuff again

Next they will be saying they are relying on
    Elliot v Loake :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Let us see what your defence will be
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    Hi Beamerguy,

Thanks for the speedy reply

What would the new procedure refer to?

It has provided the particulars of the claim which are as follows:
    The Claimaints Claim is for the sum of £100.....relating to PCN of said car
    28 days to pay but failure to do so
    Interest added to the claim of 8% per annum
    £54 for contractual costs PCN T&C's

Amount Claimed: 179.90
    Court fee: 25
    Legal rep's: 50
    Total: 254.90
  • Supersaver2017
    Options
    I have read up for hours on all the Newbies thread, advice from Bargepole and Coupon-Mad etc. I have filed my Acknowledgement today also. So I remain in the process of gathering information for my defence across the many different cases.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2018 at 6:16PM
    Options
    The driver on the day had purchased a ticket and had incorrectly entered their registration plate.

It sounds very similar to this case: http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/excel-parking-get-gladstonedby-bw-legal.html, and may even be the same car park.

Here is the link to the Judgment transcript: nebula.wsimg.com/bfcdd95c68b82bcc6b68408a75d23021?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Your defence should be built around that.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Is your computer playing up Mr C or is it mine, that link goes nowhere.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    I have read up for hours on all the Newbies thread, advice from Bargepole and Coupon-Mad etc. I have filed my Acknowledgement today also. So I remain in the process of gathering information for my defence across the many different cases.

Bargepole above has probably given you the best
    comparitive case to yours ..

Note: It is the BWLegal bunch again
  • beamerguy
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

It's the Judgment transcript link
  • bargepole
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

It works if you take out the http://

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    It works if you take out the http://

Nope

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it
  • bargepole
    Options
    OK, go to this page: http://www.parking-prankster.com/case-law.html, and click on the case reference CS033

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback