EON Smart Meters

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AndyCF wrote: »
    They would want to know if it was a Smart or not I suspect too. If you don't get a reply to this, then I'd say a new fresh topic (with you starting said topic) might be enough to grab their attention especially if you put EON in the topic title aka "EON Gas Meter Question" or something like that. :)

Mind you, I never got a reply to mine a while back, I should ring them once I am able to to sort that 'concern' out too. hmm. Never mind.

Sorry we've missed a question from you AndyCF. As above, I've not been here and Helena has been working other streams.

What was your question? Can you give me a link to another thread if that would be better?

Thanks AndyCF.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry we've missed a question from you AndyCF. As above, I've not been here and Helena has been working other streams.

What was your question? Can you give me a link to another thread if that would be better?

Thanks AndyCF.

Malc

Thanks Malc. :) Its slightly more complicated than it actually appears to be (in some respects) but in others its more straightforward than what I posted.

This post really. I never did get the replacement card via that form either. I can see some situation where BG has EON's monies or something now. Hmm.
  • benny5
    benny5 Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Please let us know when you see a battery error message on your meter. For example, 'low battery alert'. We'll arrange for a technician to visit and replace the battery.

If your off supply, this will be done as an emergency call out within 4 hours of receiving the call.

Sorry again for the late reply benny5.

Malc

Thank you for your reply.

Are you suggesting it’s the customers’ responsibility to report failing battery situations?

While my meter is ‘indoors’, it’s tucked away, out of sight under the stairs, and only viewed when taking a reading. Some customers have theirs located in garages or in enclosures’ away from the main house.

Where is the ‘SMART’ functionality in all this programme rollout? At least customers know where they are with the present technology.

Its little wonder customers have misgivings about this Smart Meter Programme rollout.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry for going off topic but has anyone checked the CEC today? All three of the Eon tariffs that were there yesterday (including mine) have disappeared! :eek: I do so hope that means I can still have it given the switching process has only just started.
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    benny5 wrote: »

Are you suggesting it’s the customers’ responsibility to report failing battery situations?

While my meter is ‘indoors’, it’s tucked away, out of sight under the stairs, and only viewed when taking a reading. Some customers have theirs located in garages or in enclosures’ away from the main house.

Where is the ‘SMART’ functionality in all this programme rollout? At least customers know where they are with the present technology.

Its little wonder customers have misgivings about this Smart Meter Programme rollout.
    I would have expected the Smart meter to "call home" to report it's failing battery so that someone arrives to replace it before it dies.

Similarly, a meter that fails to "call home" might perhaps need attention?

This is all basic stuff - can one of the reps confirm that SMETS meters can do this?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    AndyCF wrote: »
    Thanks Malc. :) Its slightly more complicated than it actually appears to be (in some respects) but in others its more straightforward than what I posted.

This post really. I never did get the replacement card via that form either. I can see some situation where BG has EON's monies or something now. Hmm.

Hello AndyCF and I'm sorry this is still unresolved.

Helena was dealing with your issues and she's not around at the moment so I'm unsure where she's at. I do know she spoke at length to our prepayment experts. I'll track her down and see where she left it.

To be honest, as this has been dragging on for such a long time, I'd register a formal complaint. This will then be taken over by one of our Prepayment Complaint Managers. There's more information about how we look after complaints on our website.

Sorry again for the delay AndyCF.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    benny5 wrote: »

Sorry benny5, I should've mentioned, smart meters identify and alert us to problems so we can take the appropriate actions to sort. This lets us proactively fix problems to minimise the impact on customers including, where necessary, arranging for a technician to visit.

By all means, wherever possible, please let us know about any problems you identify. We'd rather have multiple reports of any faults than nothing at all. Don't worry if this isn't possible. The meter will alert us. Talking directly to you also helps us arrange an appointment if needed.

Sorry again I wasn't clear previously benny5.

Malc
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have to wonder whether the Eon rep(s) are being withdrawn from this forum. I think it would be a pity if that were to happen.

I realise it is the holiday season and that few other energy companies have any representation on here (that's worth a damn) but the main reason I was interested in becoming an Eon customer is Malc and Helena's presence. :( Oh, well.
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Sorry for going off topic but has anyone checked the CEC today? All three of the Eon tariffs that were there yesterday (including mine) have disappeared! :eek: I do so hope that means I can still have it given the switching process has only just started.

Don't worry Smodlet. As you've received the Welcome Pack, your switch to Fix Online v21 will definitely go ahead.

We're reviewing our products all the time and often release/withdraw them relatively quickly. As you say, this happened earlier today when we replaced Fix Online v21 with v22 and Fix and Boiler Cover v16 with v17.

Hope this explains Smodlet.

Malc
    Options
    Talldave wrote: »
    I would have expected the Smart meter to "call home" to report it's failing battery so that someone arrives to replace it before it dies.

Similarly, a meter that fails to "call home" might perhaps need attention?

This is all basic stuff - can one of the reps confirm that SMETS meters can do this?

Hello Talldave and, as above, I can confirm smart meters identify and alert us to problems so we can take the appropriate actions to sort.

Hope this explains.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback