£29,303...Enough is enough!

Options

Comments

• WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I forgot to mention I had a moment of inspiration regarding the birthday gift and have made a fairy lantern. It's so pretty I want to keep it myself, but it was all made from my huge stash of craft supplies, so no spend needed.

However, DD has just announced she is going to a party next week! Had a quick search online and ordered a £2 bookmark (pretty metal one) for her bookworm friend and DD will use some of her pocket money to add something to it.
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay!!! Now In the 28's we'll done!!!
    Even better with the birthday gift! I love the sound of a fairy lantern!
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Urgh...got the lurgy :(

In other news I have agreed 3 sales, total value of £32. It would be really appreciated this week if people actually turn up to collect.

DH has 2 more days work this week...that's enough (just) to cover the essentials for August. Any extra days now will allow us to start to get ahead for September, make some overpayments, maybe a treat for the little ones over the school holidays.

Need to do a small shop this morning. Would have tried to limp through a bit longer but need some essentials for baby.

DC3 being admitted to hospital for tests today. Not looking forward to the needles :( Must remember to pack a few drinks for the hospital.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    I've still got the lurgy and a 6am wake up call from DC3 was not appreciated!

£17 top up shop done yesterday. This included a few more half price goodies so the freezer is starting to fill up.

Yesterday's hospital visit went extremely smoothly & DC3 was a star, barely even flinching at the needles.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Feeling rather proud of myself this evening for avoiding the lure of a take away. DH ordered me back to bed this afternoon and I didn't wake up until 5.30, with nothing taken out of the freezer. I was so tempted to call for a take away, but rustled up a gourmet meal of omelette, spaghetti hoops and toast for the little people, and DH and I had maple smoked bacon sandwiched between slices of white bread. Not the healthiest of meals (and I'll need to buy another loaf of bread for DHs packed lunches now) but it saved £25 for a take away.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Is it really sad that I can't wait for my direct debits to go out so I can see my debt levels starting to go down? :rotfl:
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    A fairly productive day, although I'm still not on top form.

Woke up to a £7.50 sale overnight. 2 out of my previously agreed sales have been collected and paid for today, so in profit by a total of £27.50 so far today. I also have almost £18 in my prolific account, but contemplating trying to build that up for Christmas, as I currently don't have Christmas savings in my budget.

Have been trialing some healthy but cheap ideas for lunch boxes ready for September. Scotch pancakes (made with reduced sugar and added oats) are a definite hit, but pizza muffins are a maybe (not cheesey enough apparently!).
  • Smellyonion
    Smellyonion Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The car situation is a mess to be honest.

Also, presumably your husband has a more reliable income as I do not understand how you would've even gotten the mortgage.

Roughly imo, your car should be up to 30% of your salary maximum otherwise you're living beyond your means.

So earn 20k, car should be no more than 6k maximum.

You seem to earn around the 25-26k mark, your car should be no more than 7.8k. Instead, your car to income ratio is around 61%.

40k debt and you also decide to purchase hobby cars as your everyday runners? That does not make any sense.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    The car situation is a mess to be honest.

Also, presumably your husband has a more reliable income as I do not understand how you would've even gotten the mortgage.

Roughly imo, your car should be up to 30% of your salary maximum otherwise you're living beyond your means.

So earn 20k, car should be no more than 6k maximum.

You seem to earn around the 25-26k mark, your car should be no more than 7.8k. Instead, your car to income ratio is around 61%.

40k debt and you also decide to purchase hobby cars as your everyday runners? That does not make any sense.

DH had a regular salary when we got the mortgage. However, there are strict working time regulations in his area of work which his employer was expecting staff to exceed, knowing not only how dangerous this could be (somebody has since tragically been killed on one of the sites he worked) but that it would be the individual employees who were prosecuted if caught. Something had to give. So it's only recently our income has dropped this low. We expect he will get back in to more regular/permanent work at which point his income will dramatically improve again.

Yes, the cars are a luxury, but they are something that, at this time, we are willing to work into our budget (with the exception of the one that's being returned). If DHs work situation doesnt improve or our situation changes in other ways then we will of course rethink this and I have no doubt that DHs current car would sell in a heartbeat.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Another £12 sale this morning, so I currently have £35 in cash and £13.26 in PayPal (after fees), making a grand total of £48.26/£145 towards performing arts fees. DC2 is booked in for surgery this week and will be housebound for around 2 weeks afterwards, so must make the effort to use this time at home productively, do more decluttering and get more items listed for sale.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback