Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• ceo211
    ceo211 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    If you need a template, I'm more than happy to pop my spreadsheets over to you for you to play about with
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 April 2015 at 1:45PM
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Hi cath, what did you do with the herbs in the end? I had mine in indivdual small pots last year but they dried out ,this year they are in bigger pots.could you line with black bin liners it might be easier than carriers? I use them for hanging baskets sometimes. :)

That's an idea, thanks Newgirly. Not managed to do anything yet. Going to the garden centre this morning for decent compost after reaming horror stories about cheap stuff!
    ceo211 wrote: »
    If you need a template, I'm more than happy to pop my spreadsheets over to you for you to play about with

Thank you CEO, that is very kind.

Payday yesterday and all overtime sent to cc. dH suggested last night I spend it on myself on running stuff - too late! It's been put to better use!

91p Tilly tidy yesterday and 90p today. Our repayments seem to be going well for the month so am looking forward to doing some totals. This time last year through all the work we did on the house we owed 7k more on cc than we do now. That's quite an achievement considering our income was lower than it is now and nursery fees crippling us!

Food shop in budget and don't need to pop out for more wine as we restrained ourselves last night! :beer: a more honest account is that we were both falling asleep in our wine :D

Been out for another 10km run this morning and I really enjoyed it. Huge amount of calories burned too! :j

Off out for a family day shortly to make the most of the sunshine. Hopefully get in the garden doing some planting later. Have a good day everyone.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What were the compost horror stories?
  • CathT
    Options
    Just how shocking the quality is of some of them Al. No wonder I don't have that much luck with gardening using cheap stuff! Had some vouchers through for a local very expensive garden centre so bought a gorgeous hanging basket and 2 large bags of Joh- 1nn3s compost for just under £10. Couple of £'s spent on ice creams at the zoo, DH paid for most of the spending.

Just going to finish my coffee and get planting. Also need to decide where to put hanging basket, I have hung it by front door but would prefer it in the back garden where I can see it.

Credit to me, held onto dd magnum ice cream while she played on the park and resisted! I had a little bite when she first opened it but no more. Not worth undoing this mornings efforts.
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 927 Forumite
    Options
    See if you can find a trade garden centre. I found one right beside dobbies and bought bay tress for literally less than half price.

I feel your pain with child care. The upside is when your kids start school you'll feel like you've been given a massive pay rise!!!
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aldi vouchers should be either this Thursday or next Thursday if you want to play the armageddon food shop game. Our stores are running down nicely, but we're running out of easy convenient meals, which are the exact kind of meals we need for the next few weeks.

loving your pictures on FB, you manage to do so much with your kiddies on a budget. kind of things childhood memories are made of.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ditto that about faceache.

One of my colleagues helpfully linked my real name email to my faceache name and I have been locked out.
  • CathT
    edited 19 April 2015 at 5:09PM
    Options
    Sque wrote: »
    See if you can find a trade garden centre. I found one right beside dobbies and bought bay tress for literally less than half price.

I feel your pain with child care. The upside is when your kids start school you'll feel like you've been given a massive pay rise!!!

Thanks Sque, it is so overpriced but very lovely to walk around :D
    From September my costs will hugely reduce and fingers crossed the following September I can cancel the childcare voucher that has been taken from my wages since 2009!
    aldi vouchers should be either this Thursday or next Thursday if you want to play the armageddon food shop game. Our stores are running down nicely, but we're running out of easy convenient meals, which are the exact kind of meals we need for the next few weeks.

loving your pictures on FB, you manage to do so much with your kiddies on a budget. kind of things childhood memories are made of.

Thanks PD, my one goal is for them to look back and think 'we had a lovely childhood' :)
    I'd forgotten about @ldi vouchers so thanks for the reminder. It's always good to reduce our wine costs ;)
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Ditto that about faceache.

One of my colleagues helpfully linked my real name email to my faceache name and I have been locked out.

Oh no, can you get back in?
  • CathT
    Options
    What a busy weekend! We went to the garden centre and zoo yesterday then spent the afternoon in the garden. I managed to plant lettuce and rocket seeds in raised beds and plant the radishes I had stated off inside.

Also planted up my pallet planter, just used bin bags to line in the end. Planted basil, parsley and coriander seeds, put sweet peas in the middle then wondered what to put at the bottom. Ended up moving my few strawberry plants and planting them in the bottom. Not the best planning as they will be closest to the slugs! Generally tidied garden up and cut lawns front and back. All sounds very productive until the mower started to smell like it was burning and cut out before I had finished! It's unlikely to have overheated as I wasn't using it for that long compared to doing the first cut a couple of weeks ago.

I think we must have bought it when we moved here so it is over 10 years old! Don't think it has done too badly.

Spent more time in the garden this afternoon and planted some sweet peas (I love them!) in a spot of the garden where DH had cut a bush back. Hoping there will be lots of colour in the garden in the Summer.

Had just over £14 payable in TCB so requested that and have topped up to £15 and paid off cc. We should be able to reduce our WIOTW figure by £1000 a month which is fab!

Also manage to do a shred session - level 3 which I haven't done for a few weeks - wow it's hard!

Am absolutely shattered now and predict an evening of job related reading as this week has been challenging!
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Sounds like a good productive weekend.

We had to get a new mower a couple of years ago as our last one died. They don't last for ever, but it's annoying when they finally give up the the ghost
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport