Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Family Fun Wednesday - great thing to blow away the midweek blues.

Friday - Daddy time and PLBL time rathe than Mummy time

Win Win I say x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Yes BM, it makes sense to have something to break up the week :D.

This morning I had some lovely peace and quiet while DH went out for a cycle ride with Paramedic Mate and another friend. I did some washing and ironing, made a pan of soup and washed up afterwards, entered some competitions and watched a bit of This Morning. Bliss!

This afternoon we had a coffee afternoon at DS1's school for World Book Day so £2 spent there. £4 at Parkour tonight and then DH and the boys went into the cheapy card shop while I waited outside. I haven't been given the change yet so don't know how much they spent :p.

Aunt Flo has arrived so I'm hoping I'll stop feeling so miserable/irritated soon!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a win win situation to me, you all get your own way and for less money!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Heavy rain here this morning, hope everyone that has the snow is coping ok. No gym today as I've been to docs this morning (routine check) and out again shortly for a scale and polish. Living the high life :rotfl:.
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hi lucky - weight loss is amazing! another 2.5 off congrats so pleased for you.

love the idea of mid week bowling what a great way to break up the week. Those boys of yours are certainly lucky to have you x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Aw thanks Sparky Xx

Been to Clubbercise tonight, still loving it. Such good fun :D.

DH is talking about getting his shoulder fixed again :(.

I'm still feeling irritated!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,290 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Lucky - hope your boys have treated you! Well done on the weight loss!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Lucky. I hope your boys have spent the day looking after you.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day all! Hope everyone has had a lovely day. I got 3 lovely cards (a bought one from each boy and 1 made at school by DS2 :D). I didn't get any presents because I didn't want anything, though DH was gutted when he realised last night that they hadn't bought me anything.

Took the boys swimming this morning while DH did spin class with his mate. Mums got in free today so just £2.10 spent there. No other spends today. Had lunch at MiL's and my Mum, her partner and my Sister came too :D. Lovely family afternoon. Lots of naughty food and drink though :o. I did the washing up vigorously, but I don't think it would have made a dent in the calories!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Gla d you had a lovely day~~you deserve it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback