Desperately trying to cancel Virgin Broadband....

Options
I have moved cable broadband provider, and attempted on several occasions to cancel my Virgin contract. Email has not worked. Phoning is impossible having waited over 45 minutes and still no answer (and I can't just dial 150 either as I'm on the new supplier).

Sent a recorded delivery and standard delivery letter (shows having arrived and signed for on 17 July 2019.
Still no contact from Virgin except yet another bill sent by email.

Any other ideas on how the heck I can cancel this contract (it's not fixed term)?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Phone on Sunday morning its often easier to get through .
  • captaincork
    Options
    I'm in the same place as you, cancelled by letter, PO SD ,delivery confirmed, stuff sent back using their email return label, phone ported. 3 months on they are still taking money from my account and denying that any cancellation was ever requested. Phone staff are foul mouthed thugs. VM don't have customers, only victims.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Several email addresses on this page. I would email them as for the contact email address of the cancellations manager. Hound them until the provide a response if needs be and then email your cancellation request and cancel the direct debit. Or call up the new customer enquiries line (they will answer in an instant) and ask for the name of the cancellations manager. Then you can work out the email address and do the same thing.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/contact-us

Make sure you keep the sent email in case they get nasty.

Failing that explain the poor customer service social media saying they are making it impossible to cancel. Twitter using their hashtag and they will probably answer that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure