IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS fine

Options
Hi a couple of months ago I received a windscreen parking fine at centertainment in Sheffield. It was for parking without a valid permit, they have now gone through all the letters and are now saying their next contact will be a court summons, should I pay up or continue ignoring them

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a thread.

You will find advice there on what to do should you get a court claim
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Same as any other case. Sit tight until you get a Letter before Claim. If that last letter is one, then refer to post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.

No-one here pays UKCPS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ckershaw
    ckershaw Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    This is the response letter I came up with to send back, is it any good.
    UKCPS LTD
    1200 Century Way
    Thorpe Business Park
    Leeds
    LS15 8ZA

12/07/17
    For the attention of the collections department
    RE: Unpaid Parking Charge _________

Thank you for your letter, received on the _______, regarding my unpaid PCN and subsequent court proceedings. I will not be accepting your claim and if this matter proceeds to court, I will vigorously defend it. I would like to point you towards (website for practice direction cant post links),please note that the letter I have received from you does not comply with practice direction paragraph 6a. I would like to receive a full letter with concise details of the claim, including the calculation for the costs which you are imposing upon me and also any and all evidence you have regarding this case, including copies of the sites terms and conditions for parking. I dismiss your claim on the basis that Valley Centertainment offers free parking to all customers without a permit, and as such I do not understand why you are trying to impose such a charge upon myself. I hope to receive a response from you soon as all other previous communication has been ignored. I am also open to some form of Alternate Dispute Resolution.

Yours Sincerely
    edited 13 July 2017 at 10:06AM
    Options
    Just as a follow up this is one of the signs in the car park
    hxxp://i773.photobucket.cm/albums/yy19/jimbob_2010/IMG_3819a_zpsuldos19d.jpg
    The address has been slightly altered ie tt turned into xx and the o removed from .com.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/jimbob_2010/media/cGF0aDovSU1HXzM4MTlhX3pwc3VsZG9zMTlkLmpwZw==/?ref=

Same signage as thrown out by a Judge years ago:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ukcps-claim-dismissed-judge-rules_14.html

Also did you know that UKCPS were banned by the DVLA last year, temporarily, for ghost ticketing (pretending to put a PCN on a windscreen then removing it after photographing the yellow packet). You could mention that you know that, and require proof of the PCN being served and all photos taken of the car, and how close it was to any sign.
  • ckershaw
    Options
    Thanks I will draft up a new letter and send it off to them, hopefully they come back with good news.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No, they won't.

I am not sure you are understanding the ex-clampers you are in a dispute with. This exchange of letters is NEVER in a million years, going to see them cancel it, but it is designed to put them off trying a small claim as they will be able to see you are informed, not a weak victim.

They won't cancel it! This is not a normal ''appeal'' to a decent company.

Centertainment can cancel it, if you complain loudly enough. Not UKCPS.
  • ckershaw
    Options
    So what am I expecting to happen with the letters, will I just have to pay them outside court
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Why would you?

If/when you get a Court claim you should defend it.

The point of the letters is explained in #8
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    ckershaw wrote: »
    So what am I expecting to happen with the letters, will I just have to pay them outside court
    No-one here ever has. No idea what makes you think that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure