Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Options

Comments

• Agram
    Agram Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Do not worry, any credit you have is protected by Ofgem under its SoLR programme.

For anyone wanting to read up on it.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/extra-help-energy-services/ofgem-safety-net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business

Nearing 6 weeks since I left and I'm no closer to getting a final bill and credit refund.

OneSelect website contact point always down for maintenance when I check, and telephone support always stuck on hold for 10+ minutes before I hang up.

I wouldn't recommend joining them.
  • merchcon55
    Options
    I logged into my account, went to Enquiries, sent them a message around 8AM this morning, and had a reply at 11:30AM.

So at least for me, being able to contact them is not an issue.
  • Agram
    Agram Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I still get the message below, in bold, when visit enquiries. But shouldn't be linked to not answering email or telephone.

Enquiries

Please note that the system is currently undergoing necessary maintenance. Please try again later. We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this update may cause.
  • merchcon55
    Options
    Just a thought, perhaps because you are no longer an active customer, even though you can log into your account, maybe enquiries directly from your account no longer possible??

I am crossing fingers they stay in business through the winter - whatever happens after that, c'est la vie.

The business model for these smaller firms blows up in a continually rising priced Energy market. Of note, US Oil price has come down 10 days in a row - 1st time in 34 years ! How that translates into Gas and Electricity prices - well that's a different story.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    merchcon55 wrote: »
    Just a thought, perhaps because you are no longer an active customer, even though you can log into your account, maybe enquiries directly from your account no longer possible??

I am crossing fingers they stay in business through the winter - whatever happens after that, c'est la vie.

The business model for these smaller firms blows up in a continually rising priced Energy market. Of note, US Oil price has come down 10 days in a row - 1st time in 34 years ! How that translates into Gas and Electricity prices - well that's a different story.

The wholesale price of gas and electricity now equates for about 33p in every £ that we pay our suppliers.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    The wholesale price of gas and electricity now equates for about 33p in every £ that we pay our suppliers.

OFGEM says it was more like 36p. At least for the Big Six.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/infographic-bills-prices-and-profits

But, yes it's only part of the equation.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    OFGEM says it was more like 36p. At least for the Big Six.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/infographic-bills-prices-and-profits

But, yes it's only part of the equation.

Fair enough. Different sources: different figures. The point still stands that changes in wholesale prices are not the only driver of increased energy costs. For example, the costs associated with the recent batch of failed suppliers will be added to our bills over the coming year or so. I dread to think what the final bill for smart meters will be. This is not good news for those who are struggling to pay their energy bills.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Fair enough. Different sources: different figures. The point still stands that changes in wholesale prices are not the only driver of increased energy costs. For example, the costs associated with the recent batch of failed suppliers will be added to our bills over the coming year or so. I dread to think what the final bill for smart meters will be. This is not good news for those who are struggling to pay their energy bills.

I was agreeing with you.

As to the "costs associated with the recent batch of failed suppliers"; the cost of the OFGEM safety net will presumably be recouped through the licence fee, but most of the cost will fall on the creditors of the failed suppliers.

As to smart meters, I know not. I've not heard a peep about smart meters from any of the small suppliers I have been with over the past few years. They may not have the same obligations. Perhaps that's one reason why they are cheaper?
  • maxthegsd
    Options
    Joined electric July and gas September.
    Smooth transition.
    Website is clunky but functional. Had to email them to join my accounts together online.
    Customer service via email is awful - very slow, sometimes no response.
    They tried to increase my electric DD recently due to 'forecast predictions' despite being 2months in credit and no history. Complained and they changed it. So currently not happy, but a step up from SP (which isn't that difficult tbh)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't believe this....my third supplier failure since July...only joined them end of November....I've already got 5 electricity accounts open and in various states of disrepair!!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure