NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Can you email them and ask the question again (spell out exactly how you applied and why you verified in branch), that way you should have something more concrete than a phone call?
    I wanted to do that initially but couldn't find an email address for them.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    BarGin wrote: »
    I wanted to do that initially but couldn't find an email address for them.
    That's because NatWest don't do emails.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, I seem to have missed a number of posts in this thread.

It just happened. After speaking to the Switching team I've decided to return the signature form and await developments. If a Private account is eventually opened then I will close it and put in a complaint seeking compensation for the lost incentive payment and any monthly fees they try to charge.
    There does seem to be a lot of confusion within NatWest about how this is happening, what needs to be done, and about eligibility for the switch incentive.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the complaints team, but I have had them agree that I will be eligible for £125 somehow... they just need to decide how to do it.

I think you are right to go with what you are told, and obviously make copious notes in the event you need to complain.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I have an account, at least they keep telling me by email and text that I have, but I'm seriously lacking in numbers. I have an application number, part of a customer number - with Xs replacing the last 4 digits and a digidocs password.
    The customer number is usually made up of the first six digits representing something which you should already know - but would already be known to friends, family, employer, or anybody interested in finding out.

They are followed by the last four digits which are randomly selected for you, and therefore need a higher level of security to prevent people who shouldn't know them from finding out what they are.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Since this fiasco (for some) has become such a hot topic on this thread, it occurs to me that there must be something of a hoo-haa on social media sites. Surely NatWest must be aware that their system(s) are playing havoc with existing and potential customers.

The big question is do they even a give a hoot ?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is getting even more convoluted than the Yorks bank deal- took me a week to even get the a/c open then as for starters it didn't recognise my postcode.... and things went on to be downhill ever after! But I did finally get the welcome handshake.

Again different folk are getting totally different treatment.
    Last night I got an e-mail saying that they'd changed my e-mail address. NO- it was the very same e-address that I gave them a week ago, so what was that all about?...:think:

and of course I further muddied the waters by going in branch.. bad idea all round. Hopefully the signed letter arrived with them yesterday, but not holding breath!!
    No sign of any numbers , any cards and therefore any way of ordering a card reader--
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I switch an account with £1500 in it, do I still have to add another £1500?

I would say 'yes'
    Other switch deals have involved a payment after the switch has been completed- not money included in the switch..
    Better to pay in another £1.5K to make absolutely sure
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've applied for a Select account. Despite being an existing customer with a savings account, no confirmatory email or text or anything. Says I receive further information in the post. For one of the 'Big Four', they seem to be quite convoluted.
    That's exactly what happened to me. When you get the paperwork in the post check to see if it says "Select PRIVATE". If so, check the discussion earlier in the thread about what this means and what you might have to do.

I suspect existing savings account customers who manage their savings in a particular way are being identified (wrongly) by the system to go into the 'Private' application process. The consequence of that is you don't get the account opened immediately (as 'new' customers seem to) and potentially you become ineligible for the switch bonus.
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since this fiasco (for some) has become such a hot topic on this thread, it occurs to me that there must be something of a hoo-haa on social media sites. Surely NatWest must be aware that their system(s) are playing havoc with existing and potential customers.
    I think it probably only affects a small number of existing customers who manage their savings accounts in a particular way - e.g. I am paying in the equivalent of more than £100k pa so the computer might be making some unfounded assumptions about me ;)
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Eventually you will get an email from them giving your customer number this is 6 digits of your date of birth plus 4 numbers they allocate to you at tje end ie 10 digits

They then say within the next 7 to 10 days but usually quicker they will also send you an authorisation code once you have your customer number and authorisation code you go to the internet banking page putting your customer number and authorisation code and then ask you to choose a 6 digit pin of your own choosing at that point then clearly you can log on at any time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure