Help with finding family holiday in November

Options
Hi all, Looking to book a family holiday in November (4th-11th) from London. Details are as follows;

- 2 adults one child (13)
- Must be warm enough to swim outside
- Things to do for teenager (waterpark, trips out etc.)
- Prefer tourist areas
- Fairly modest budget

I am looking at canary islands, mainly Tenerife at the moment. This is mostly to do with the weather but also activites. Am i overlooking anywhere else? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tenerife with Siam Park ticks the boxes.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • CardinalWolsey
    Options
    Don't forget to budget the £60 that you will be fined for taking your son out of school during term-time, unless you have an exceptionally nice head teacher and LEA... https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/school-holiday-fines/

Outside of that, as per @richardw - Tenerife.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Don't forget to budget the £60 that you will be fined for taking your son out of school during term-time, unless you have an exceptionally nice head teacher and LEA... https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/school-holiday-fines/

Outside of that, as per @richardw - Tenerife.

Perhaps the child (I don't see a gender and I have no desire to stalk the OP) but perhaps the OP home schools their/the children/child.

Either way it isn't relevant.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Options
    Perhaps the child (I don't see a gender and I have no desire to stalk the OP) but perhaps the OP home schools their/the children/child.

Either way it isn't relevant.

Or it may just be half term in the OPs neck of the woods.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Or it may just be half term in the OPs neck of the woods.

Would be surprised if half term was that week anywhere, to be honest. If they return maybe they can tell us.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would be surprised if half term was that week anywhere, to be honest. If they return maybe they can tell us.

School holiday differences across the UK are quite numerous, there’s one this weekend in one part, I only learnt that this year.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We cruised to the Canaries this year weather was awful in July which is unusual apparently i didn't think much to them and wouldn't return . Have you thought about Jamaica/Dom Rep there are some good deals around we always took our kids there was loads to do Wherever you go enjoy x
    Slava Ukraini
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bellabella wrote: »
    We cruised to the Canaries this year weather was awful in July which is unusual apparently i didn't think much to them and wouldn't return . Have you thought about Jamaica/Dom Rep there are some good deals around we always took our kids there was loads to do Wherever you go enjoy x

Jamaica on a modest budget?
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Jamaica on a modest budget?

Yes if you are going in school time the cost really comes down and if you compare it to the Canaries there isn't that much difference I just looked on TUI if you want to pay £300 each then no the canaries is cheaper but for £1 difference £492 B&B in Tenerife or £493 for Jamaica all inclusive this is pp I dont think thats too bad its always dear for 1 week due to flight costs . Everybody's budget is different without knowing what the posters is makes it difficult
    Slava Ukraini
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 September 2018 at 7:40AM
    Options
    bellabella wrote: »
    Yes if you are going in school time the cost really comes down and if you compare it to the Canaries there isn't that much difference I just looked on TUI if you want to pay £300 each then no the canaries is cheaper but for £1 difference £492 B&B in Tenerife or £493 for Jamaica all inclusive this is pp I dont think thats too bad its always dear for 1 week due to flight costs . Everybody's budget is different without knowing what the posters is makes it difficult

The op has a school age child!??
    The op stated they had a fairly modest budget.id like to see your links to see what two holidays you are comparing..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure