ACE Claims sent an PPI form - NOt sure why

Options
Hi,

I got a phone call from ACE Claims management saying I was owed some money! They even went into great detail of how much. I being careful not to give away any bank information listen.

They have sent me a form to complete, this is the authority to act on my behalf.

If there any way of contacting the lender directly to double check this information?

Or is it just the case this company are fishing just to rob me of all my debt... sorry I mean riches :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't touch them with a bargepole. You're owed nothing.

If you have a mis selling complaint, make it yourself.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yup do it yourself. If you fill in those forms they take a large % of anything you get and sometimes you'll still owe them a fee if you are not given anything back.

I used resolver, only because they mail it to the right dept at each company https://www.resolver.co.uk/
  • wood2e3
    Options
    My issue is I don't even remember having finance with Cahoot?!?!

So I just go to Resolver and get them to find out?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    wood2e3 wrote: »
    My issue is I don't even remember having finance with Cahoot?!?!

So I just go to Resolver and get them to find out?

Yes but unless you've had an account with them, surely you'd know! Then they'll just reply saying no.
  • wood2e3
    Options
    Have sent a PPI check for Cahoot via Resolver... many thanks for that, maybe I am due a few quid :)
  • wood2e3
    wood2e3 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 17 October 2018 at 6:13PM
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    Yes but unless you've had an account with them, surely you'd know! Then they'll just reply saying no.

Maybe, but they will still find me if there is an account. Having an account number or not is totally important.

And as I am pretty crap with money it is possible i had something with them... but you are right I would normally remember :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No just give them your name dob and addresses over the years and they'll find you.

I didn't have account numbers on long since closed accounts and they found me.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    _shel wrote: »
    No just give them your name dob and addresses over the years and they'll find you.

I didn't have account numbers on long since closed accounts and they found me.

There is no guarantee of that. If they still have records yes, if the records were deleted due to account age then they won't
  • S.Mumin
    Options
    Dear Wood2e3,
    And anyone else who this may concern,

I am the Managing Director of Ace Claims Managament.
    Unfortunately we have recently been a victim of cyber fraud.
    We have reported this to the Fraud Team and they are investigating these scammers who are fraudulently using our company name and details.

For future reference, we would NEVER cold call our clients asking for payments.
    If you ever receive calls claiming to from ace claims management, please report to the police immediately.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    S.Mumin wrote: »
    Dear Wood2e3,
    And anyone else who this may concern,

I am the Managing Director of Ace Claims Managament.
    Unfortunately we have recently been a victim of cyber fraud.
    We have reported this to the Fraud Team and they are investigating these scammers who are fraudulently using our company name and details.

For future reference, we would NEVER cold call our clients asking for payments.
    If you ever receive calls claiming to from ace claims management, please report to the police immediately.

While this is helpful, it is against MSE policy for companies to post on here without MSE permission (and presumably some proof that you are who you say you are and have the authority to make such claims)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure