Oofy omtimistic Octobers NSD challange.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Just realised today is NSD number 1.

I am ok, beanie, busy with life and stuff. Son now has full time job and lives away from home, OH was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, not curable but can be kept under control, so we are going through the chemo stuff at the moment. I reduced my hours from full time to 24 a week so have more leisure time - just as well, really. Anyway, life is ok at Chateau Nargle, and I am keen to get back into the NSD habit.

So you must miss your DS.
    Sorry to hear about your OH.
    Hope all goes as well as it can.
    Good news on the reduced hours.

Oh & I am not as nice as Marmite~~I dont do prizes:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We won't mention prizes - I keep getting flashbacks when I think of some of marmite's "prizes".......
    One life - your life - live it!
  • beanielou
    Options
    We won't mention prizes - I keep getting flashbacks when I think of some of marmite's "prizes".......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    Can you put me down for 22 please beanie.

Nargle good to see you here!

I'm sorry to here about your OH.
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Its been a long time since I last joined in with NSDs! I always think that they were super helpful! As it has been a while, I would like to aim for 15 NSDs this month.

I will include my spends- this is fuel as well as shopping, but will be exempt from 'joint' spends- our house account covers holiday spends, takeaways, meal outs etc. I would also not include spending cash, the day I take cash out will be counted, but spending that cash wont be!

So yesterday, I did spend- I walked 3.5miles to the train station then walked to collect my car, then fueled up! Good physical day with the walking though! I may spend today, but will try not to!haha. Off to home s*nse later, have a voucher from work so if I can keep it to that will make it a NSD.

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • beanielou
    Options
    I am on go slow but will update when I can.

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't know what you mean... :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm just glad that Cheffie's truss has waltzed off! :beer:
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great new word. Thanks Nargle :)
    My first NSD for October 1/31 for me please :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    I don't know what you mean... :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm just glad that Cheffie's truss has waltzed off! :beer:

And the less said about Igor's unmentionables the better. :eek::eek::eek:

I'm off to an inauspicious start: spendy day here.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So much for good intentions..... I took the dog for a walk and in the midst of diving in and out of bushes and paddling in the little stream she managed to lose her collar. When I told OH I was going out to get a new collar he asked if I could get some smoked salmon as he fancies scrambled egg and smoked salmon for dinner, also a tin of baked beans with sausages, and some ready meals. He had a chemo session last week so his energy levels are low at present. As I am at work tomorrow and Thursday he wants simple meals that don't take much effort to prepare. So, I, The "cook it from scratch and use good quality ingredients" Queen, have been forced to sneak furtively out of Tesco with not only smoked salmon but also a tin of beans and sausages, a tin of meatballs, a tin of All Day Breakfast (don't ask) and a couple of Vesta Chow Meins. Oh, and the dog got her new collar. At least I used a second hand carrier bag, so MSE in that sense.

No NSD for me today then, blame the dog.
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport