And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave: Clear blue skies and glorious sunshine again :j. It warm already so it's clearly going to be scorching later:p
    I was awake at 6 so I got up and made our picnic so once I've had a leisurely coffee and a read it'll be breakfast and our adventure in the hills:). I love walking in the hills and getting up to a height where it's cool will be ideal on a day like to day. Particularly looking forward to today as it's one that's meant to be particularly picturesque and I've had it on my to do list for a while.

In money news I've had £42 of eBay sales this week and I'm hoping for a nsd but might need to fill the car up.

My (late) April totals are ;

Os payment £904/£430
    AVC £880/£880
    OS benefit £76.35
    Mortgage neutral balance £87,288.09 :j
    Capital Reduction £2,595.04 :j:j

This did include a one off payment of £705 from the remnants of a monthly saver that I hung on to get the bonus but it has given me my best month ever :):)

Happy sunny Bank Holiday :)

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Hi Ella and Karma :wave: and thank you. Yesterday's post sounded so whingey:o:o. Determined not to spend another moment dwelling on the bitterness of others, especially when they've brought on themselves:mad:
    Actually, it sounded like you were trying very hard *not* to whinge. But however you want to deal with the craziness around you is fine :)
    I touched up my greys with 1/2 a £land hair colour and for 50p and half an hour I look and feel like a new(ish) woman:rotfl:
    Woo hoo :j
    Everything for tomorrow's picnic is defrosting as we'll need an early start for tomorrow's big walk which will knock another peak off my bucket list:)

Happy sunny Sunday - isn't this weather just great? :):)

PP xx
    You sound like you're having a ball :beer: are you actually doing things you've put on your bucket list?
    pinkypig wrote: »
    In money news I've had £42 of eBay sales this week and I'm hoping for a nsd but might need to fill the car up.

Capital Reduction £2,595.04 :j:j

This did include a one off payment of £705 from the remnants of a monthly saver that I hung on to get the bonus but it has given me my best month ever :):)

Happy sunny Bank Holiday :)

PP xx
    Lots more jumpy smilies need to be inserted here, good heavens! Brilliant. You're going to have a wonderful retirement when you get there.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a tough start to the week, but your weekend sounds wonderful. Congrats on the amazing mortgage ops, nearly £3k in a month is very impressive.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great progress and great sounding adventures...action packed days!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • pinkypig
    Options
    :beer:
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Actually, it sounded like you were trying very hard *not* to whinge. But however you want to deal with the craziness around you is fine :)

Woo hoo :j

You sound like you're having a ball :beer: are you actually doing things you've put on your bucket list?

Lots more jumpy smilies need to be inserted here, good heavens! Brilliant. You're going to have a wonderful retirement when you get there.

Thank you lovely Karma, you are always so kind:A.
    Sorry to hear you had a tough start to the week, but your weekend sounds wonderful. Congrats on the amazing mortgage ops, nearly £3k in a month is very impressive.

Hi MW :wave: Thank you :). It's actually not all op as it includes the capital repayment part of my mortgage payment but I'm still delighted :):). I like looking at it in terms of capital reduction as it really feels like you're getting somewhere. Hope you and yours are good. All your bargain furniture sounds fabulous:T
    Great progress and great sounding adventures...action packed days!

Thanks Jimmy, every £ is a step closer :D
    I've had a great weekend but I'm pooped now :rotfl:
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

A quick one from me tonight as I'm absolutely tired as a tired thing :p

Today has been great and the weather perfect. It was a very long and incredibly steep ascent but the views from the summit were amongst some of the most stunning I've seen. Fell in love with my little corner of the world all over again:D. It's been a long day but so worth it, the simple life is most definitely the one for me. Why did it take me so long to figure this out?:rotfl:
    Off for a bath and bed :)

Happy Monday :):)

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    So pleased you are loving life and got put on the hills this weekend. Do you think it's got something to do with our children being a bit older now so pu cancdo thinggs for you and not trying to keep them entertained and educated 24/7?
    The amount of things you have to think about with a small one in one is brain energy zapping, then you have to fit around nap times, meal times and the witching hour. There are some aspects of baby and toddler age I'm going to miss, and some I definitely won't.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    So pleased you are loving life and got put on the hills this weekend. Do you think it's got something to do with our children being a bit older now so pu cancdo thinggs for you and not trying to keep them entertained and educated 24/7?
    The amount of things you have to think about with a small one in one is brain energy zapping, then you have to fit around nap times, meal times and the witching hour. There are some aspects of baby and toddler age I'm going to miss, and some I definitely won't.

You truly don't have a minute to yourself when they're little Wish. There seems to be no happy medium:( When they get older they've very little time for you and it's hard sometimes. I used to find it really tough when they stayed with their Dad but as times gone on I've found myself adapting and have refocused my free weekends to pursue some of my own hobbies and once you get used to it it's nice :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

I've spent all day thinking it's Monday:p. Work has been good and the kids are working hard and behaving well:D. My marking is up to date and tomorrow's prep is done :D

In money news all but one of my eBay sales has paid so the are packaged ready to post tomorrow and the money plus a 94p tt has been transferred to the os pot. I haven't had a nsd as I had to fill the car up and needed milk so all necessary.

I'm feeling much better in myself after my horrid week (a lovely weekend of fresh air and exercise helped enormously) and I'm determined to keep that particular situation at arms length where possible. This plus plenty of exercise, sleep and good, healthy food is what works for me so this will be the focus of this month's well being goals :)

Today's mfw and well being successes included;

Went for a walk at lunchtime

Did a spin class

Drank 2 litres of water

Lo for lunch and roasted Mediterranean veg pasta and salad for dinner

Off to bed as I'm determined to be asleep by 10.30:)

Happy Tuesday to you :)

PP xx
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And it is hump day already, I love bank holiday weeks! Your weekend sounded wonderful. I am lucky to live in a part of the world with fabulous walks just a short drive away, it is definitely something I want to spend more time doing.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback