IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine, although my child was in the car

Options
Hi, Sorry in advance. If this sort of case, was elsewhere on the forum.
I recieved a fine through a local parking enforcement agency, when I parked in a child parking bay at a local co op. My wife was sat in the back with my boy who was sick. She went in to the shop while I sat in the drivers seat. The sign did say that you need to accompany your child in to the shop, which I hadn't read. I appealed which in hindsight, pointlessly, with photos of the car seat in the car, and a scan of a prescription that day from the Doctors for my sick boy. I also stated that cctv pictures, were of poor quality, and it was impossible to see me and my son in the car.
The appeal was refused. I didn't see the refusal letter in my email, completely missed it from 21st December, until I lookd today,. I have now recieved a letter from a debt agency for the sum of £160. I contacted them, and they told me the sign stated accompanying child etc. Then contacted Citizens Advice. Who told me to make an appeal with POPLA. Which I will. But in honesty what are my chances? Should I still send a letter to the Co Op CEO/Manager.
Sorry again if this all old ground for this forum. I appreciate any help.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    which PPC is it ?

was a popla code issued ?

and yes , a landowner complaint and cancellation is ALWAYS the best course of action
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to read this thread. It contains templates to use. The odds of winning at POPLA are actually pretty good if you follow the advice here.

For a start if you had a rejection on the 21st December you shouldn’t be getting debt collectors letters yet.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how long did you spend in that shop?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Daveninny
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    which PPC is it ?

and yes , a landowner complaint and cancellation is ALWAYS the best course of action

It was National Parking Enforcement Ltd accrredited with BPA. Haven't got a POPLA code yet.
  • Daveninny
    Options
    which PPC is it ?

By email or letter for the 'landowner complaint' Thank you.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    NPE are IPC members AND SO YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF A POPLA CODE , so CA dont know what they are talking about

as this is in the debt collector stage , you can IGNORE it , read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread for guidance

so unless the landowner cancels it , the sc@m will continue for up to 6 years

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within that 6 years

as for the complaint , use whatever method works, so email , letter , both , whatever
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    National Parking Enforcement Ltd are IPC members , you will not get a POPLa code from them , we have seen this one before , possably the same location , an additional sign in a different colour and font , hung below the normal sign , the extra sign did not state the companies name , and YES it was additional and not an addition to the origional sign

complain like hell to the landowner , and just to assist you http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Parking_Enforcement.html

how long where you parked there?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and how long did it take for letter to come thru post (no ticket on car?)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Daveninny
    Options
    NPE are IPC members AND SO YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF A POPLA CODE , so CA dont know what they are talking about

as this is in the debt collector stage , you can IGNORE it , read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread for guidance

so unless the landowner cancels it , the sc@m will continue for up to 6 years

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within that 6 years

as for the complaint , use whatever method works, so email , letter , both , whatever

I will start searching on that thread. What is an LBC or an MCOL. I'm the Noob :) Thanks Redx
  • Daveninny
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    and how long did it take for letter to come thru post (no ticket on car?)
    It took about 2 weeks. No ticket on the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure