• alembicbassman
    Options
    malebolge wrote: »
    & gifts for men that are useless.

Plenty of useless men out there :p
  • moneysaver890
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    I think this time people may find more choice in medium and small stores as they aren’t moving stock to the large stores, well that is the case near me.

Ahh right, I was considering going to the larger Meadowhall store this year but think I will stick with my local again (unless the shelves have emptied by next week) :)
  • poormaria
    poormaria Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know when this starts?
    PoorMoon

Cleared £15,000 debt whilst being a student full time, bought a house, all whilst working full time.... it can be done!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Called in my medium sized store on my way home, defo doesn't seem as much left as normal and less variety too, so unless they're going to have a big refill before the day I don't know if it's going to be worth it.

Lots of S&G star Gifts though and the large round bauble tin thingy... I do wish they wouldn't make gifts like that as they are so impractical and can't be used to stack / store much; not very environmentally friendly!!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I believe that stores weren't sent so much stock this Xmas to begin with - and stores aren't expecting new deliveries (at the end of the day it costs Boots to transport stock around - for 70% off sales that just isn't economical) so i think largely what is there, is going to be it. It's not in the interest of stores to overstock and have lots left for the 70% sale. Ideally, they wouldn't even be selling at 50%.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Baskcm
    Baskcm Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I believe that stores weren't sent so much stock this Xmas to begin with - and stores aren't expecting new deliveries (at the end of the day it costs Boots to transport stock around - for 70% off sales that just isn't economical) so i think largely what is there, is going to be it. It's not in the interest of stores to overstock and have lots left for the 70% sale. Ideally, they wouldn't even be selling at 50%.

what you said is exactly right gone are the days where there is loads of stock left over its now about saving money
  • Africat
    Options
    Baskcm wrote: »
    what you said is exactly right gone are the days where there is loads of stock left over its now about saving money

I always wondered how they could get stock levels so massively wrong anyway.
  • katecheshire
    Options
    There was loads of stock in Chester Foregate Street yesterday.
  • Africat
    Options
    I have a few Sanctuary sets from the sale a couple of years ago, since then it's had a revamp of the packaging so I will have to use it myself now as wouldn't sit right with me giving as a gift as so obvious that it's been bought in the sale or a recycled gift!!

Traditionally Boots seem to have a revamp of one of their indulgent bathing ranges every year - another reason not to bulk buy to stash away, better to just buy for yourself!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Africat wrote: »
    I have a few Sanctuary sets from the sale a couple of years ago, since then it's had a revamp of the packaging so I will have to use it myself now as wouldn't sit right with me giving as a gift as so obvious that it's been bought in the sale or a recycled gift!!

Traditionally Boots seem to have a revamp of one of their indulgent bathing ranges every year - another reason not to bulk buy to stash away, better to just buy for yourself!

I guess you could always remove from the packaging and make up in a gift bag or personalised hamper.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family