Harringtons Advisory???

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Whilst Harrington’s are no longer authorised one would assume they are still within their rights to collect funds owed prior to this - have no knowledge of your previous dealing just advising from a legal perspective they can of course still chase any funds they believe they are legally entitled to.
  • MadKen
    MadKen Posts: 15 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Whilst Harrington’s are no longer authorised one would assume they are still within their rights to collect funds owed prior to this - have no knowledge of your previous dealing just advising from a legal perspective they can of course still chase any funds they believe they are legally entitled to.

Thanks for your reply.

We didn't get the PPI refund and have constantly told Harrington's this, regardless they have harassed us for something like 2 years maintaining that we did get paid. We have also pointed out that we would be happy to go to court but the letters and phone calls still keep coming.

It also turns out that they cannot contact the bank (RBS) anymore as RBS will not talk to them. It's getting quite wearing and we would like it to stop, it doesn't mater what we do but they keep contacting us.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MadKen wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

We didn't get the PPI refund and have constantly told Harrington's this, regardless they have harassed us for something like 2 years maintaining that we did get paid. We have also pointed out that we would be happy to go to court but the letters and phone calls still keep coming.

It also turns out that they cannot contact the bank (RBS) anymore as RBS will not talk to them. It's getting quite wearing and we would like it to stop, it doesn't mater what we do but they keep contacting us.

Ask the bank to put it in writing that no refund was issued or send Harringtons your rejection letter from the bank
  • MadKen
    MadKen Posts: 15 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Everyone

We can all breath a sigh of relief that Harringtons Advisory Limited is now in liquidation.

They tried a county court claim against my friend which we defended and they didn't complete the next stage paperwork, the claim will have been struck out by now.

If you have been sued by them and have paid them watch out that the payment has been logged with the court to prevent a ccj, It would also be a good idea to get in touch with the insolvency practitioners to advise where the money went as it has been alleged that the money has gone to other companies. The phone number 01616677088 is still active stating that it is Harringtons!

It amazes me that this company that fails at every point to file accounts and obey the law seem to evade any kind of justice. The key directors resigned back in May, perhaps to avoid any prosecution, so lets hope the insolvency people see through this and make them account for their actions.

Happy days! :)
  • Best advice I can give you is to not use them at all! You can claim back you ppi your self
  • Could anyone give me some advice on dealing with this company. Yes I went through them to claim my ppi back and totally wish I hadn’t! I now have a £900 bill which is almost half of what I got back from the bank. My debt has now been through 2 debt collection agencies who have threatened me with bailiffs (it’s not even been to court) I started 3 letter process they sent me documents within the stated time and now threatening court action. I never fully understood the process of the ppi claim and the fees. (My mistake) but I don’t have £900 to pay them in 7 days!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Make an arrangement for a payment plan if you can't afford it in one go.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I started 3 letter process

There's no such thing.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5811193

You employed them to compain for you, you signed their contract [ or at least I'm assuming you did because otherwise they wouldn't have a leg to stand on] so make an arrangment to pay them before you get a CCJ.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could anyone give me some advice on dealing with this company. Yes I went through them to claim my ppi back and totally wish I hadn’t! I now have a £900 bill which is almost half of what I got back from the bank. My debt has now been through 2 debt collection agencies who have threatened me with bailiffs (it’s not even been to court) I started 3 letter process they sent me documents within the stated time and now threatening court action. I never fully understood the process of the ppi claim and the fees. (My mistake) but I don’t have £900 to pay them in 7 days!

The guidence is to never use a claims company if you are in arrears, defaults or have amounts written off as part of an agreed settlement. With these, you will see little, if any of the redress but still be liable for the full bill

if you feel that they have missold you their claims services, such as not asking you if you were in arrears or had defaults, then you should raise a complaint to them. If they reject your complaint, then you can refer them to the FOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure