Harringtons Advisory???

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    just read their latest set of accounts where they state that they use external debt collection services to chase unpaid fees (in preference to court enforcement).
    That doesn't change the spirit of zx81's original post which simply stated that non-payers regret such action. Clearly, the debt collectors are achieving the desired results without court action-but that doesn't mean the company would not have pursued such debt further if it remained unpaid.
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That doesn't change the spirit of zx81's original post

I wasn't challenging the spirit of zx81's post but the factual basis of yours.
  • MadKen
    MadKen Posts: 15 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've found out that Harringtons appeal is now scheduled for 20th 21st 22nd November. Possibly in Manchester. It's a public hearing so would be interesting if we all turned up. Let's hope there is a massive fine to put them out of business.
  • AnonymousMouse
    Options
    Firstly, they have changed names - they are now survey confederation, Financial Justice., Money reclaims Experts and Professional Reclaim Services.

They are managed INCREDIBLY poorly which is why everything takes so long cause theyre constantly training new staff who then dont know what theyre doing/ cant help.
    The management have everything so locked down for "data protection" security that if youre an agent you CANT help, whether you want to or not.
    If you get through to the right people you can find someone helpful there but its pot luck and the odds are not in your favor.

The terms and conditions that you signed do state the 39% + VAT and they also state that if your LOAs expire you HAVE to sign new ones.

A lot of claims got shimmied over to the other companies but its literally all the same set of people and they have a few offices.
    Half the time its not the agents fault that the service is awful they can only work within the restrictions management have set and those restrictions have tightened making the service even worse.

Im good at customer service and i was one of the helpful members of staff. You'd get explanations for all your claims and id bug every manager to get something actioned but it was a dead end job and its not nice to be shouted at all day for stuff that wasnt your fault.

I heard of some really dodgy stuff going on and jumped ship.
  • Androids0711
    Options
    I've just looked T the accounts for Harringtons advisory are bankrupt. They have liabilities. Some £600,000 greater than assets. Assets including cash in bank. So though they may have a few poinds in b2arious accounts they are technically BANKRUPT. If you check they have Already started changing business names??... they are putting one firm to bed and are starting another with possibly new puppet directors. DO NOT PAY THEN SEEK TO CLAIM BACK MONIES they will simply go out of business and uou wint see money again
  • MadKen
    MadKen Posts: 15 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly, they have changed names - they are now survey confederation, Financial Justice., Money reclaims Experts and Professional Reclaim Services.

The offices for Professional Reclaim Services are a stones throw away from Harringtons. Google Professional Reclaim Services and you will see their website. Looks like it's a clone of Harringtons, they are even registered with the CMR (Claims Management Regulator) number CMR41057. Also the real name is Pacific Financial Claims Ltd T/A Professional Reclaim Services. It just gets better! Also on the other names, the director David Grimshaw is a director of Survey Confederation Ltd, they have a Facebook page which is looking for "Case Handlers", whatever that means.
  • case handlers aka call center folk to just sit there and have the same conversation with everyone all day.
    you never were assigned to one person. just a number and then whatever stage your individual claims were at were with whatever department worked that stage.
  • MadKen
    Options
    Harringtons have a CCJ registered against them for £4,481 dated 21/08/2017. Those of you that have debt collectors chasing you, perhaps I would point this out to them, Harringtons don't pay their debts so why should we pay them. Also Ibrar Akbar the main share holder has been in the news about an investigation by HMRC into his and Harringtons tax affairs, google his name and you should find the articles.
    Options
    Hi am looking for some help Re Harrington’s.
    they contacted me saying I have ppi I was bankrupt so I don’t think I am. So filled forms in sent them back few months later they contacted me saying I am due 900£ off nationwide. Well the money never came nationwide kept it as I owed them money when I went bankrupt so I contacted Harrington’s asking to stop all other clams as I don’t want all this dragged up again the guy in the phone said no problem can you put it in writing so I did. Good few weeks latter they called me Again saying Halifax are ready to make a payment and why have I cancelled my clame I explained my bankruptcy to the guy on the phone please don’t pursue the claim. So few weeks ago they call again asking for there Money I said I asked you not to carry on and so on and I will not be cashing the check as I don’t want all the past brought up. So today again they rang asking for there £1500 and threatening me with court action I told the chap on the phone that I Guster not to be pursue the clame all of a sudden they say now they haven’t received my letter and they have no recordings of my phone calls with them stating to cancel the clame under threatening me with the bailiffs. Help anyone thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    they contacted me saying I have ppi I was bankrupt so I don’t think I am.

They wont know if you have PPI or not as it is not in the public domain.

The fact you went bankrupt means that you have no right of refund on any PPI that was sold prior to bankruptcy. The minute CMCs find our you were made bankrupt, they should stop the process.
    few months later they contacted me saying I am due 900£ off nationwide. Well the money never came nationwide kept it as I owed them money when I went bankrup
    Which was always going to happen.
    So today again they rang asking for there £1500 and threatening me with court action I told the chap on the phone that I Guster not to be pursue the clame all of a sudden they say now they haven’t received my letter and they have no recordings of my phone calls with them stating to cancel the clame under threatening me with the bailiffs.

The claims company has acted outside of the regulators guidelines. Not a surprise with this one as they have an awful reputation.

You need to make a formal complaint to them stating that they should not have signed up for their services as they were aware that you had been made bankrupt. Tell them that you feel they missold their services and as you have never received any money, they are not entitled to a cut of it. If their response is not satisfactory, you can refer it to the legal ombudsman.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure