IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Court Claim

Options

Comments

• newholme30
    Options
    Tandon wrote: »
    I initially searched for "The Arches, Watford" and all I got were lists of the various retailers at The Arches retail Park and the several surrounding retail parks plus parking information sites that give directions to find the place and fees charged. The Facebook page is an automatically generated page and has nothing to speak of on it. It certainly isn't a page relating to the land owners, retailers or park management company. If you found something useful perhaps you could post it.

Google - who owns the arches retail park in Watford
    http://www.citygrove.com/index.php/Portfolio/uk/WatfordArches/
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2013 at 10:03AM
    Options
    Tandon wrote: »
    I initially searched for "The Arches, Watford" and all I got were lists of the various retailers at The Arches retail Park and the several surrounding retail parks plus parking information sites that give directions to find the place and fees charged. The Facebook page is an automatically generated page and has nothing to speak of on it. It certainly isn't a page relating to the land owners, retailers or park management company. If you found something useful perhaps you could post it.

Can't link it as I am at work but the retail results about the retail park in general gave you the postal address. Just address a postal complaint to 'The Facilities Manager, Managing Agents, Arches Retail Park' at that postal address, I reckon, using your own version of the template complaint letter I show in post #3 of the sticky thread 'Successful complaints about PPCs' at the top of the forum.

As regards the defence I hope you have now found plenty of other threads like your own on here and/or on pepipoo just by looking at the thread titles going back a few pages on each private parking forum? I posted and provided links & advice on two new cases in the last 24 hours on here (which will be on page 1, 2 or 3 right now) and there are more on pepipoo because right now every other thread on there is about defending a small claim v Parking Eye. And the advice & links given on any thread fits pretty much all situations.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tandon
    Tandon Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Can't link it as I am at work but the retail results about the retail park in general gave you the postal address. Just address a postal complaint to 'The Facilities Manager, Managing Agents, Arches Retail Park' at that postal address, I reckon, using your own version of the template complaint letter I show in post #3 of the sticky thread 'Successful complaints about PPCs' at the top of the forum.

As regards the defence I hope you have now found plenty of other threads like your own on here and/or on pepipoo just by looking at the thread titles going back a few pages on each private parking forum? I posted and provided links & advice on two new cases in the last 24 hours on here (which will be on page 1, 2 or 3 right now) and there are more on pepipoo because right now every other thread on there is about defending a small claim v Parking Eye. And the advice & links given on any thread fits pretty much all situations.

Yes I've got the Citygrove address and will have a look at your post #3. I've also found the receipt for the purchases I made at B&Q (£35.72) so will try writing to the B&Q store manager to aask for the PCN to be cancelled.

I've started tracking through some of the defence postings and will have a look at the recent ones you mention.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Don't miss the one about PE being defeated in Court today! :)
  • Tandon
    Options
    Just quoting the above post by way of a reminder that the defence clock is ticking.

By all means try and get this knocked on the head by COMPLAINING to the stores and retail park (ie doing something about it rather than prevaricating)

But at the moment your priority needs to be to go to MCOL and file the acknowledgment of service and get time extended to 28 days for filing the defence. Missing the court deadlines is not an option unless you want a CCJ against you.

I've acknowledged on line, written to the B&Q store manager and the MD of Citygrove to complain. Now I need to construct a defence and post in online to MCOL. I'm struggling a bit with the defence and could do with some advice. Should I post my draft on here as these forums are monitored by the parking companies?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 27 October 2013 at 6:15PM
    Options
    Read Ed666's thread from today for starters...

...and not wishing to confuse, there are LOADS of useful links I have collated here about defending this sort of claim:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82744&st=0&gopid=862298

I know it leads to lots more links but how else can I show you the wealth of info that is just waiting to be discovered in a forum? Please do some reading!

I assume you read about PE losing in court this week, as you will have seen (or been able to search for) on this very forum or on pepipoo already?
  • Tandon
    Options
    Read Ed666's thread from today for starters...

...and not wishing to confuse, there are LOADS of useful links I have collated here about defending this sort of claim:

I know it leads to lots more links but how else can I show you the wealth of info that is just waiting to be discovered in a forum? Please do some reading!

I assume you read about PE losing in court this week, as you will have seen (or been able to search for) on this very forum or on pepipoo already?

I have read Ed666's message which was useful and I have been down the thread you suggest, more than once but although it would be useful if I wew reponding to a Letter Berfore Action, I am trying to put together a defence to court papers.

I spent most of yesterday, several hours on Saturday and 2-3 hours each evening during the last week reading threads incthe ones you suggest but have found little on creating the court defence. I did find a couple of posts suggested by other users here that were on the right subject and have started putting to gether the defence. What I was asking is should I post it here for further assistance given the several warnings I've seen about uswing caution because the parking companies monitor these forums.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 October 2013 at 2:49PM
    Options
    Not sure what you mean about not bothering to read the LBA thread (is that the one you mean when you talk about LBA?). If it is, then it IS worth you reading because you can check if the PPC has followed the correct LBCCC procedure - and if not it is a point of defence.

Still not sure why you haven't found what you need from pepipoo threads about small claims either? The link I gave you is the one which I always post as SRM on pepipoo and which newbies happily use to build a defence:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82744&st=0&gopid=862298

That link has every single collated piece of advice about defending a PPC small claim that I could put together. Very little about LBCCC letters, LOADS about defending. Did you follow the links that flowed from the links (in other words you didn't just skim-read the threads given and think 'oh that's not like my case'?). If you follow the links which flow from the first one, then follow the links from that, you will find everything you need IMHO.

I have never written a court defence so can't type out advice off the top of my head but I have collated all of that and people like you use the links every day on pepipoo and come back with a skeleton defence. You can post a draft here because the PPC will see it soon enough and you are already at court stage after all.
  • Tandon
    Options
    Not sure what you mean about not bothering to read the LBA thread (is that the one you mean when you talk about LBA?). If it is, then it IS worth you reading because you can check if the PPC has followed the correct LBCCC procedure - and if not it is a point of defence.

Still not sure why you haven't found what you need from pepipoo threads about small claims either? The link I gave you is the one which I always post as SRM on pepipoo and which newbies happily use to build a defence:

That link has every single collated piece of advice about defending a PPC small claim that I could put together. Very little about LBCCC letters, LOADS about defending. Did you follow the links that flowed from the links (in other words you didn't just skim-read the threads given and think 'oh that's not like my case'?). If you follow the links which flow from the first one, then follow the links from that, you will find everything you need IMHO.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. Nowhere did I say anything about not bothering to read the LBA thread, I fact I said I had read it more than once. I have not skim read but tried to foloow all the links and have had 20-30 tabs open on my browser and another 10 or so on a second instance of the browser trying to follow every post BUT this is what I was referring to in that other thread, it is a rat's nest trying to follow all the links and I'm sure I haven't got to the end of every thread, it is simply impossible. I haven't found anything i from that link that significantly helps with a defence. Yes, the shortcommings of the LBA are shown up in that thread, although I find the LBA I received actually includes some of the items that others say are missing. Perhaps Parking Eye is getting more 'on the ball'?

I will post the draft I have written so far for comments and am following your advice and have registered on Pepipoo and will post it there where there seems to be a bit more about defences.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 October 2013 at 4:15PM
    Options

although it would be useful if I were reponding to a Letter Berfore Action, I am trying to put together a defence to court papers.

That's the sentence where you seemed to dismiss all the info in one fell swoop. Maybe I misread it, sorry.

I know it's hard work but only you can write your defence - and you are the one who would have to know it if it goes to a hearing.

And obviously you don't leave all the tabs open. I realise it's a nest of information but just do what everyone else (presumably) does; what I would do is simply open up a word document and copy any useful paragraph from any link to that, close the tab then go to the next link, read it, copy anything useful; then close that tab...

it is simply impossible. I haven't found anything i from that link that significantly helps with a defence.

Wow. Words almost fail me - and that's rare from a woman!

But wow!

Look I am really trying to help you. In 10 seconds flat I followed 2 links from my own linked pepipoo thread and here you are:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62390347#post62390347

One example of MANY in the links given. It is all there. I can't do any more than show you the links and encourage you to read the whole threads that flow from them, then close that link, open another one...etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure