New Natwest switch offer. £150.

Options
I see from the latest weekly email from MSE that Natwest have joined RBS, I just wish MSE would spell out at the beginning of the article, and clearly, the account requirements in terms of DD/SO and payin moneys, AND why you cannot qualify if you've already had an incentive since/ever.

Trumpeting the latest bribe isn't a lot of good to many here who will have pretty much had an incentive from every current account provider possible.

Comments

• Poor_Leno
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    I see from the latest weekly email from MSE that Natwest have joined RBS, I just wish MSE would spell out at the beginning of the article, and clearly, the account requirements in terms of DD/SO and payin moneys, AND why you cannot qualify if you've already had an incentive since/ever.

Trumpeting the latest bribe isn't a lot of good to many here who will have pretty much had an incentive from every current account provider possible.

simply because people would abuse it. When people run out of switch incentive offers, they resort to skimming off TSB's classic, Halifax's reward, Barclay's blue and Co-op reward accounts. There'a few of those round here (me included!). Otherwise we'd all just switch between Natwest/RBS and HSBC every other year for the top incentive.

BTW, I don't disagree with you that it sucks though!! :)
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    I'm assuming having switched to RBS recently this doesn't impact on a switch to Natwest at all? I can't see how it would.

Looks like i need to open up a new account with someone so that i can switch it for about the 5th time already.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm assuming having switched to RBS recently this doesn't impact on a switch to Natwest at all? I can't see how it would.

Looks like i need to open up a new account with someone so that i can switch it for about the 5th time already.

The small print for the Natwest T&Cs:

"If you meet the conditions for this offer, we’ll pay £150 into your eligible current account by 21st February 2020.
    Please note:
    • If you close your eligible current account before 21st February 2020, then no payments will be made to you.
    • If you convert your eligible current account to another eligible current account, and you have met the conditions
    for this offer in relation to either your original eligible current account, or in relation to the one to which you have
    converted, payment will still be made to you.
    You won’t be eligible for this offer if you’ve already taken advantage of a cash offer from NatWest, The Royal Bank
    of Scotland plc (‘RBS’) and/or Ulster Bank Limited (‘Ulster’) between October 2017 and July 2019 for:
    (i) opening a new current account and switching to NatWest/RBS/Ulster or
    (ii) upgrading your existing NatWest/RBS current accoun
    t.
    • Joint account holders will only be eligible for one payment.
    • You can only benefit from this offer once meaning that even if you apply, complete the account opening
    process, and meet the conditions of this offer for more than one eligible current account, you’ll only receive
    one payment. We can withdraw this offer at any time.
    What other conditions do you need to know?
    You’ll be bound by Your Current Account Terms, which contain all the terms applicable to your eligible current account"
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Ooh that’s sneaky.

Oh well, saves me managing another 5 switches then. Maybe another time.
  • LessRevenue
    Options
    'Oct 2017 to July 2019'

Guess this means I am eligible since I just applied for an RBS account a few days ago (September).

Any one have a reason I wouldn't be eligible? Fair use etc
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    'Oct 2017 to July 2019'

Guess this means I am eligible since I just applied for an RBS account a few days ago (September).

Any one have a reason I wouldn't be eligible? Fair use etc

Indeed.

On a thread for the previous incentive someone posted that they were paid for both in such circumstances.
  • lovingtescoforever
    lovingtescoforever Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2019 at 1:47PM
    Options
    I assume a joint current account would be fine to switch?

However one of the names on the joint account is someone who’s done the offer last year .. so not sure?
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I assume a joint current account would be fine to switch?

However one of the names on the joint account is someone who’s done the offer last year .. so not sure?

I would say that person needs to be removed from that account to make it solo before you switch.
  • irvin38aa
    Options
    I applied for a Natwest account last night but it said it couldn’t go through because my details were on their system (I closed my account in 2014). So, I applied for an RBS account and that appears to have gone through but I haven’t had any emails to confirm my application etc.

Anyone who has applied received confirmation!
  • Ghostcrawler
    Options
    I am new to NATWEST and RBS both, so if I switch my other 2 accounts, can I get the bonus from both? In T&C they say that you can only benefit from this bonus offer once but doesn't say if it's across NATWEST and RBS..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure