PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,032 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2017 at 9:32PM
    Options
    & Thank you that conjoured up a lovely picture, and makes it sound very worth it, I hadn't thought of mixing whiskey and brandy......
    1 Work done, jeez 9 days to go - still, went straight from there to visit DF.
    2 Unloaded the Mr T order that was delivered over there, and rescued our cooking apples and bread, DF surfaced for about 30mins, this time.
    3 Dropped into Mr T travelling back home as thought it was a good time, only for RTCs theme here sprouts, bacon, sausage meat for 25p each and various veg and exotic stuff all ranging from 14p to 25p spent 7.00.
    4 Got home, lovely to back into the driveway with all the Christmas lights, DH has been very busy today!
    5 I promised pizza take away, and rather than wait around ordered it online via quidco, and waiting for it now. Costco’s is far superior, but DH seems to like the chain one, just means I eat a little less pizza and more of the sides.
    6 V2 of mincemeat will be marinating when I get off my bum but only just back in, this better be amazing stuff.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Had my first mince pie today :) It was scrumptious!

2. DD stopped me wasting money on something I didn't need to buy, good girl :)

3. Was able to get a meeting with her head of year and deputy head this afternoon to discuss low-level bullying that DD has been suffering with in silence (until she exploded last week :( ). The pleasure is that they were very proactive and responded in exactly the way I wanted them do (i.e. how I would have at my own school) and DD was listened to and respected.

4. Had a fun end to the afternoon making Christingle oranges with the class.

5. Was so happy when they asked to do an extra English lesson today as they were really enjoying their writing, and hadn't quite finished :):)

No news on the mortgage front yet, but the solicitor is lined up and I've got the memorandum of sale from the estate agent. Roll on May!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) spent the day working at home. Not entirely mse as put the heating on, but managed to get through urgent job and delivery arrived ok
    2) left over pizza for lunch
    3) dd2and I did a wee bit of Christmas shopping online. She’ll pick it up at the shop for me
    4) then to caird Hall for Scottish ensemble by candlelight. I was the only one to don a crimbo jumper lol (normally go to one in Manchester and lots of crimbo)
    5) and now back home, feet up, tea made and archers on. Night all
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not much headway made on the taxi problem. Had a meeting at school before 9am and phoned County (twice) but to no avail so will be driving to and from school each day... 50+miles a day again.

Pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens OK.

3) Took bigger son to get interview clothes. He chose black trousers and a white shirt and I had to battle to stop him buying a black tie! He got a very sombre dark blue one in the end. No trousers fit him. We went to M and S and he is thinner than any size they make.

4) House reasonably tidy, steamed the floors and cleaned the bathroom.

5) Watched I'm a Celebrity.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck to DS Frith.

Hi all, not sure when I was last here so apologies for any repeat

A strange few days in which my dad was taken to hospital (nothing life threatening, we don't think but his knee is excrutiating. Hospital can't find out why. i am on my way to see him now) and I got a bramble in my eye and it is completely red! i look rather demonic, it seems to be improving now but I keep forgetting when people look at me strangely..

Pleasures for whenever

1. Hedgelaying in ICT (hence the bramble). loved being in the outdoors and doing something constructive in good company.
    2. Much cake was consumed. i provided rocky road and mince pies, but there was a plethora of alternatives
    3. friends came for dinner one evening. I made lamb tagine
    4. we went to a pub in Aberdovey on Sunday evening. It was all rather seasonal. i like the area out of summer season more than in it.
    5. good train journeys with much work done
    6. OH and i had a walk by the sea in the Super moonlight. We saw a rather nice rock being washed by the tide and i said "if you loved me, you'd get that for me" :p and he did :rotfl: getting wet feet into the bargain. I also made him carry it home :p
    7. DS got 67% in his first 'proper' assignment, high 2:1 :T. Not bad for someone who 'only' got an E in his history A level.
    8. A soak in the bath after hedgelaying, watched Howard's End
    9. Easy tea last night of fish fingers and chips. But we had peas not beans, so wasn't orange tea
    10. My sister and I have decided not to buy each other christmas presents this year :T one less to worry about. (shamefully I threw her present to us last year away - it was flavoured coffees and i don't like them and left it too long to donate, the sell by date had gone :o)

Have a nice day all - going to start coding my research, have text book at hand. then hospital this afternoon... My sister's words on saturday from the hospital were "i know he's in pain but, my god, he is bl00dy difficult" ....
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2017 at 9:21AM
    Options
    That is so frustrating Frith :(

1. Did 10k last night. 1hr05 which is not bad considering I wasn't feeling very well when I started. Felt fantastic afterwards. Still doing my 5k a day for charity so have my running stuff for a quick whizz at lunchtime.
    2. Lovely homemade smoothie for brekkie, lentil shepherds pie for lunch and courgetti for dinner. Food is glorious and we're lucky to have an abundance of it.
    3. Seeing the Christmas tree all lit up in the bay window as we left the house in pitch black at 7am
    4. Am able to work from home on Thursday which means I'll make DD's carol concert at the local church :)
    5. Been asked to help facilitate/present at a forum for global professional sports coaches in London on Friday (in a management consultant capacity - I know NOTHING about sports!). Really looking forward to it.

Gosh, weeks are flying by at the moment between work, all the running, learning French, sorting out renovations at the house and running the house. I'm considering going back to uni PT too. Something may have to give!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

A lie-in after a couple of early starts at the weekend.

Into horsey town, very busy and had to search for parking space. Picked up a few bits including wooden FC in the BHF shop. Also used a £5 money off voucher in Mr Sparks.

Stopped at tack shop to check on prices of shavings and saw old acquaintance, had a catch up, she is younger than me and about to become a Nanna!

Got the mud dreadlocks out of Lulu's mane and washed her tail, least she went into stable reasonably clean!

Uni Challenge so little grey cells exercised.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Just popping in to cheer everyone on. Hope it gets sorted, Frith, and delighted over KK's news.
    Not really got five, as yesterday was a quiet work from home day.

1. Discovered the delight of fresh anchovy fillets. They never got as far as being battered for Jack Monroe's recipe, though. Lidl sourced, so not expensive.

2. Christmas songs on the radio, will dig out my v. large collection of Christmas CDs. Some years I was too stressed to listen to these much, but not this year, they will be going on. (As I type, we have Mariah Carey booming out of the radio).

3. Dr C's new snake 'Piggles' has settled and is eating, which was crucial.

4. No more parcels appear to have gone missing. I've got some VERY expensive whisky arriving today. One I've tried a long time ago, and wanted to try again. Did debate giving it to son -in-law, but he has a three pack of Talisker miniatures for his birthday.
    Also have two skirts, a pair of expensive-for-me shoes, DGS's presents and a pair of crutches en-route. The joy of being able to buy things again without a scrimp and save. I have roughly £120 per week extra compared with May/June, and it has made a hell of a difference.

5. Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • DundeeDoll wrote: »
    bop ashes to ashes funk to funky England's talent's done a bunky
    woo hoo
    DD. no funk today then!

5 There if you did not think it was not possible, seems that being grumpy yesterday has paid dividends this morning! Bring it on and let’s give the convicts a decent flogging! Also I am explaining this French game to a Frenchman at work. I used the easy explanation of four days on the tins and day five a result. I can go anyway! He is confused as yesterday it was …

4 Watched another flick of net last night. Special Correspondents with Rick Gervias. Another good one well worth not paying the regressive TV Tax for!

3 Had a ready meal last night for tea. Four week old home made chili. Served with fresh egg fried rice. Two egg version not daft old bens version! Long Grain rice, remember that Basmati is only 90% long grain anyway, but cost three times as much for a different name!

2 Night BoP is preparing his beach ready body for next year in the gym!

And away with the bats!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 I worked at home as I must travel in the rest of the week, but vast amount done and a lot of calls, did I mention 8 days mwah mwah.
    2 Some roles applied for, and a few phone calls received.
    3 Mincemeat al done, it smells wonderful, Courvoisier mixed in, and they are all bottled / labelled up.
    4 A rather odd pasta bake with various leftovers and rtc’s.
    5 Christmas cards dug out, not written yet, a pleasure being organised.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback