Options
2»

Comments

• Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2018 at 2:22PM
    Options
    thanks FireFox, we have contacted them both through phone and via emails to which they are replying so there's definitely a trail, not sure if a signed for is much more helpful at this point?

anyways we'll definitely carry on knocking around when its particularly strong hopefully it'll become clear.
    thanks for the info on the building regulations as well, that'll be useful.

Sometimes it takes a very formally worded, formally dispatched letter (or two) to get taken seriously. But other times we are dealing with total muppets. Can't imagine their buildings insurance would pay out if something happened, now you have voiced your concerns.

The brothel downstairs from my flat has had two floods, then a small fire. Fire alarm worked its magic, as did the Fire Service, but there is still plenty of smoke and water damage to flat, corridor and shop below. Landlord is up the uninsured creek because he refused to evict the pimp!

Back on topic: the Leasehold Advisory Service have Fire Safety FAQs
    here Quote them too if you do decide to write.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nothing to add, except I have a lot of sympathy with the OP. Cooking smells drive me mad.
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    The brothel downstairs from my flat
    Where you get a brothel, you get drugs and organised crime. I would be very unhappy with this situation.

Perhaps I'm just exceptionally intolerant?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure